Motorway efficiency

rickyang

My daily commute is 112 miles a day, mostly on motorways, and from my observations there are two types of driver.

When approaching a slip road or a part of the road when the lanes split off, driver A moves over in plenty of time and driver B leaves it to the last few seconds and finds a way to get in the right lane or onto the slip road.

Now I know which type I am but what are you and which is the best for keeping things moving?

Oh.. this, pretty much, got a lot of coverage not that long ago here... it was an interesting debate about lane disipline in general, followed by much discussion re (un)professional drivers.. Caused a bit of disturbance in the force tbh..

I generally put myself where i need to be in loads of time, but im not perfect and have on occasion been boxed out for too long (by people speed matching during an over take or passing a lorry with a relative speed of 1mph..) and had to  then pull across last second. Or going somewhere new and not realise a junction had come up already.

Annoy myself and others and then give an apologetic hazard flash and salute..

Then get annoyed when people have clearly made a mistake or get boxed out and cut across me, because they are just obviously stupid..

Then i get increased blood pressure when its done to me by the aggressive a-hole who clearly drives like that all the time and is just lucky to have not killed himself or others in process. Its a vehicle body language reading as to which is occurring.