Now THIS is a smoking exhaust!

Traffic Police :thumbdwn:

:iagree: :D

Buggers they are. However the probability of me being in a 30 limit and them spotting my plates, greatly exceeds the chances of them catching me on full chatter.

As black magic correctly states, the smoke only comes on right at top boost, around 2 bar - I can accelerate at around 1.5 bar which is still good, but then it doesn't smoke. Note in the vid it puffs suddenly first of all. This is me downshifting to 4th at 60, and then realising that gear's a bit unnecessary so change up to 5th and whack full boost on, and it smokes a lot more until I pull in and brake to rejoin the convoy. :) The rate in injection is clean up to this point when full boost kicks in, and the injectors go like the clappers. I need new injectors for sure for a more controlled precise flow.

Smoke out of a remapped diesel is mainly unburnt fuel - injected to keep the combustion temperatures down. I think 91 extra bhp are a little bit - well - insane so there's more cooling required -> more injected fuel -> more smoking... A good (and durable) remap doesn't smoke at all but has less power. Modifying the exhaust won't change anything!

Feck - I really don't want to change injectors as well :( I definitely can't afford it right now, considering the Quaife + clutch + remap + two hotel stays + more to be fitted still (as per sig) which will set me back a good 2.5k at a guess :eek:

I am just concerned about swapping everything over at the same time, FMIC, sports 'zorst' and hybrid turbo will be enough to keep JBS entertained for 1.5 days as it is, but I cannot have that kinda smoke so they'll have to keep the fuelling down to avoid that I suppose :(

Feck - I really don't want to change injectors as well :( I definitely can't afford it right now' date=' considering the Quaife + clutch + remap + two hotel stays + more to be fitted still (as per sig) which will set me back a good 2.5k at a guess :eek:

I am just concerned about swapping everything over at the same time, FMIC, sports 'zorst' and hybrid turbo will be enough to keep JBS entertained for 1.5 days as it is, but I cannot have that kinda smoke so they'll have to keep the fuelling down to avoid that I suppose :([/quote']

Just tell them you dont want it to smoke like a bitch. A guy over on uk-Mkiv's has golf tdi fitted with the stage 1 turbo dynamics hybrid and a custom superchips remap. From what people say it didn't smoke much. Got 199bhp @ the wheels at awseome.

Just tell them you dont want it to smoke like a bitch. A guy over on uk-Mkiv's has golf tdi fitted with the stage 1 turbo dynamics hybrid and a custom superchips remap. From what people say it didn't smoke much. Got 199bhp @ the wheels at awseome.

Allegedly the custom Superchips remap is one of the finest available as well as being smoke free too! No idea on cost though....

Chris

it was a stage 2 turbo, yes ive driven and seen the car and it hardly smokes on the road, so i still reckon its to do with how its mapped, or the turbo your using is not suitable.... so i wouldnt worry about the injectors.

it was a stage 2 turbo, yes ive driven and seen the car and it hardly smokes on the road, so i still reckon its to do with how its mapped, or the turbo your using is not suitable.... so i wouldnt worry about the injectors.

oops stage 2 :o

You got yours sorted yet?

Considering CC2 costs 550 gbp and takes 1.5 days, that's actually not bad ;)

My problem is the fact it takes > 1 day, it would be fine to drive up early, do the remap, then drive back down again, but in this case it's just not practical :(