Suprise Delivery

Hi all - newbie here! 

Ordered a Superb SE-Business hatchback 2.0-TDi in late December as a replacement company car. The delivery lead time was 3-4 months and I was looking forward to it arriving in April. Imagine my surprise when I attended the office to collect my new car - only to find it had been upgraded to an SE-L Estate for the same price! Happy days!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FloatingBrick said:

Hi all - newbie here! 

Ordered a Superb SE-Business hatchback 2.0-TDi in late December as a replacement company car. The delivery lead time was 3-4 months and I was looking forward to it arriving in April. Imagine my surprise when I attended the office to collect my new car - only to find it had been upgraded to an SE-L Estate for the same price! Happy days!!

Nice one- just ensure the P111D value & Co2 is correct though and detailed as the new SE-L spec car... if not and it details the SE Business RRP & Co2 you could find yourself having to back pay the BIK at some point.

(Speaking from experience when I was given an interim car waiting for delivery i was put in a vaixhall Corsa but as it was too small I switched it to a Volvo S40 from the pool until my new one arrived.... Without realising my BIK was set as a Vauxhall Corsa still at £8500 and c02 80gkm or something similar.... 

It was only when my new car was delivered and the Volvo returned this was picked up and set correctly retrospectively giving my tax code a right smashing !

It sounds like if you ordered a hatch SE Business and you get a SEL Combi..... you may have someone else car or the lease company got a deal on the car....

Edited by RickTT

1 hour ago, FloatingBrick said:

Hi all - newbie here! 

Good result!

Even better if it's silver. Silver SEL estates are faster... :biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FloatingBrick said:

Hi all - newbie here! 

rsz_20170323_080640.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RickTT said:

Nice one- just ensure the P111D value & Co2 is correct though and detailed as the new SE-L spec car... if not and it details the SE Business RRP & Co2 you could find yourself having to back pay the BIK at some point.

(Speaking from experience when I was given an interim car waiting for delivery i was put in a vaixhall Corsa but as it was too small I switched it to a Volvo S40 from the pool until my new one arrived.... Without realising my BIK was set as a Vauxhall Corsa still at £8500 and c02 80gkm or something similar.... 

It was only when my new car was delivered and the Volvo returned this was picked up and set correctly retrospectively giving my tax code a right smashing !

It sounds like if you ordered a hatch SE Business and you get a SEL Combi..... you may have someone else car or the lease company got a deal on the car....

Hi RickTT - Thanks for the heads-up and advice. Thankfully I'd thought along the same lines, so I've already checked to ensure they've changed my tax code correctly etc... B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

Good result!

Even better if it's silver. Silver SEL estates are faster... :biggrin:

Yep - it's the go-faster silver version (I've posted a pic). Quite like it in silver if i'm honest, think its because the car has so many sharp lines it makes the shape stand out etc. I did request it in Quartz Grey, but hey-ho, I'd rather have the free SE-L Estate upgrade in silver to be honest. And it's easy to keep clean :biggrin:

• Like 1

Good effort.

Quite alarming that a. you ordered Quartz Grey but got Silver and b. ordered SE Business but got SE-L - did you actually order a Mondeo?

• Like 1

I think you should check this is actually your car?

Mistakes can be made and you could have been delivered the wrong item. Doesn't mean that you can keep it though, as someone else may be expecting it and rejecting the car you ordered.

Its like if something is delivered which you haven't ordered. It doesn't belong to you and you have a duty to make it available for the business to come and retrieve it at their cost.

I would certainly reject a lower spec or wrong colour car if it was delivered to me by mistake!

It was delivered to work on a low-loader with just 7 miles on the clock, and registered new the same day (having taken 3 months to build). My first thoughts were that it was either the wrong car, or it's was an order for another person in the company and mine was hidden somewhere else in the car park. Luckily for me it turned out to be neither. The car was upgraded from SE Business to SE-L at no cost (except a slight increase in my car tax which I'm happy with). Maybe it was a cancelled order at the factory as I had no option in having the Estate in Silver opposed to a Hatchback in Quartz Grey. It was a no-brainer for me - I really like the look of the Hatchback, but always preferred the Estate anyway, and silver looks good too. I'm guessing that Skoda were doing special deals last month with the lease company because I've since seen loads of new Estates on either 66-plate or 17-plate. Whatever the reason, I'm delighted - it's not often you get something better for now't! :thumbup:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Coops said:

I remember a colleague ordering a (private) Audi A6 2.0 TDI but it arrived as a 3.0 TDI. Dealer allowed him to keep, it was their mistake.

Bet he was well smitten. Not often you get a 'real' freebie

• Like 1

I think the lease companies order absolutely loads of Silver SEL 150 estates to hold in stock as they are such a popular choice with fleets.

That's how I came to get mine so quickly - whilst it is a PCH vehicle it's through Lex Autolease, who focus mainly on corporate leasing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coops said:

I remember a colleague ordering a (private) Audi A6 2.0 TDI but it arrived as a 3.0 TDI. Dealer allowed him to keep, it was their mistake.

Ha. One of my colleagues got his new Mondeo 3 years ago with a 1.6 in it rather than the 2.0. 

Absolutely no way to tell externally. Found out after taking another known 1.6 out by chance.

• Like 2

Just now, biomulv said:

Ha. One of my colleagues got his new Mondeo 3 years ago with a 1.6 in it rather than the 2.0. 

Absolutely no way to tell externally. Found out after taking another known 1.6 out by chance.

Ha ha, that sucks! That's like ordering a Big Mac with large milkshake, but actually getting a small bag of sliced carrot instead lol :biggrin:

45 minutes ago, biomulv said:

Blimey, I'd have gone nuts!

• Like 1

On 13/04/2017 at 23:29, CheshireBumpkin said:

Blimey, I'd have gone nuts!

It was the start of a whole debacle.

They sent him a 2.0 a month or so later. But it was the wrong colour. Lol.

Anyway, this was a 2014 car. He now has a nice S3 SE Technology on order same as mine.  Will crack me up if it's incorrect.:biggrin:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, biomulv said:

It was the start of a whole debacle.

They sent him a 2.0 a month or so later. But it was the wrong colour. Lol.

Anyway, this was a 2014 car. He now has a nice S3 SE Technology on order same as mine.  Will crack me up if it's incorrect.:biggrin:

He'll get a yellow Fabia 1.2 :biggrin:

• Like 2