Hello!!

So I've been away from Skoda's for a few years now. My old VRS resurfaced last year & I persuaded a friend rescue it! This resparked my interest in another Fabia...... But I've some how ended up with a PD100 Polo instead...... So back to square 1.

but it means I get to do all the things to the Polo that I never got round to in the Fabia.

it also means I'll be making strut braces again for the rear!!!

jobs to do on the car:-

fix airbag bag loom under seats - DONE

fix washer bottle hose - DONE

fix loom to expansion bottle - DONE

upgrades done already:-

9n3 GTi interior fitted - old interior was fine, but main reason for getting this was so it was 5drs with the 3x3 point seatbelts

BBS RS771's with new 205/45/16 tyres - refurb nearly finished

mods to do:-

Fabia VRS front hubs so I can upgrade to 312mm discs

front upper Seat sport strut brace (£110??? - when did that happen? I paid £45 from the main dealer for my last one!!!)

whiteline rear arb

my own rear strut bar

exhaust system

s2000 filter

seat sport intercooler with hard pipe kit

pd130 injectors

pd130 turbo

boost, volt, oil temp & oil pressure gauges

AP coilovers with short drop links.

and to pay for all that I'm selling my Mk2 Golf GTi!!!

Pictures to follow!! (Freedom membership updated!)

Wouldn't you be better squeezing a bigger turbo in than a pd130, perhaps a hybrid pd150 or similar? The intercooler would be adequate, as would the injectors if you're upgrading those. 

Only hurdle would be the engine then, I don't know much about the pd100, has it the same reliability bottom end and head as the 130? 

JRJG 

5 hours ago, vindaloo said:

Do you have the blue rinse wig to wear when driving it? For the ultimate in sleeper effect?

Loses some of the sleeper effect by putting those alloys on :( 

An 'elderly' disguise would be next level to achieve sleeper surprise though, good idea. 

Maybe a nodding dog and box of tissues on the parcel shelf too? And a national trust sticker. Haha 

JRJG 

13 minutes ago, Polo6n1600i said:

The Passat is for going fast (3.2 V6) - this is just for the 17 mile A-road blast to work.... PD130 turbo & injectors will be enough once its mapped. Dont want to over stress it

You won't, the engines are bomb-proof up to about 300BHP.

In 2003 I modified engine as per your comments re my fabia 1.9 tdi pd100 - it produced 180bhp and 300 lb ft.

Limitation was the 5 speed transmission - you will have to drive it relatively carefully.

When I sold it I don't think it lasted more than 3 months!

John

33 minutes ago, corndog said:

I thought the 5 speed box was more solid than the six speed. Any ideas???

Solid it is, but if my memory is correct it cant take the torque  like the 6 speed.

• 1 month later...

So far its had coilovers, wheels/tyres and brakes all upgrade - along with struct braces and poly bushes.

Remapped on Tuesday

Blew the clutch on Wednesday

Driving to work yesterday and I get limp home mode - time to get the mr muscle out and give it a clean - check the vacuum pipes & keep my fingers crossed that the turbo aint knackered!

meant to be going on holiday in it in less than 2 weeks!

Always a gamble mapping an older car.  I decided against it and did it the painful slow way...  New Hybrid turbo, uprated clutch and flywheel, Then FMIC etc etc. Took months!!  But least there is some peace of mind.

I mean a turbo with clutch and flywheel alone is over a grand and thats with fitting it yourself. 

If the turbo is nacked you could have it rebuilt when your on hols! 

Bad luck anyway bud, enjoy that holiday as cars are just stress