unknown felicia gearbox

hi everybody i have felicia 97 and i changed 10s gearbox because it was broken but when i looked for part number in my new gear box 14sk but i was shocked when i dont found the part number please any one have information about this tell me

It is not clear what are you looking for. There are two different things:

• the part number - a code in the catalog of the manufacturer (used for ordering that part)
  • the identification number - stamped on the gearbox (used to specify the production number, the year/month of production, and the final drive ratio)

Be more specific. What do you want to know and what stops you?

• Like 1

OK, so we're talking about the identification number. By looking at your photo I see that the housing of the gearbox is very corroded and very dirty. Cleaning the housing resulted in identification number vanish. Skoda stamped the identification number very faint on gearboxes. You can hardly see it on cleaner gearboxes too.

Now you're probably asking if the identification number is stamped in another place. It isn't. The only other method to identify the type of the gearbox is by its exterior shape (see illustration).

Why is it important for you to know the identification number? What doubts do you have?

rK68KzS.jpg

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1

I clean it well and there is nothing and my reason for looking at it because the i dopt its 1.9d gearbox so i want to make sure also as i heard disel gear box have poor performance on petrol engines bec diff in final ratio 

Yes, mounting a Felicia diesel gearbox on a Felicia petrol engine results indeed in poor performance. As I have said in my previous message, the easiest way to know what final ratio has your 14SK gearbox is to look at its housing. If it is not reinforced, it is for a 1.3 engine.

• Like 1

Can you explain with picture plz also as i said i doupt it was disel gearbox because the maximum speed in each gear like disel like 1st gear on 5000 rpm was 40km unlike petrol 1.3 , 1.6 the 1st gear on 5000 rpm was 50 km thts not all problem also after 3rd gear to 4th on start of 80 km the accleration be very poor

2 hours ago, RicardoM said:

I don't understand what you need. Use shorter sentences or write both in English and Arabic.

Sorry for my bad english what i mean that if i can know its disel from its maximum speed on each gear like this video 

2 hours ago, RicardoM said:

I don't understand what you need. Use shorter sentences or write both in English and Arabic.

Sorry for my bad english what i mean that if i can know its disel from its maximum speed on each gear like this video 

Unlike 1.6 and 1.3 

I offered you a simpler method to know what type of gearbox you have. Look at it and compare its shape with the illustration I posted. Yet you don't care...

On the other hand, you posted 3 videos of each type of Felicia. So you can compare the performance of your car with them. That is all.

PS

You claimed many tines that you live in Egypt. Show me a photo of your car.

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1

when i look on my gearbox is 14sk on the left at all thank you for your information but i have one last question if i want to choose a gear box give me the best performance for the car how could i know from idntifcation number

• 2 months later...

Hi there if it's a 1.6 or 1.9 box then the gearbox number is on a plate not stamped on gear box what gear box are you after as I have a spare 1.3 and 1.6 box