Returning to Skoda...

Iwan

Hi folks.

Over the last 3 yrs I've gone from Subaru Impreza P1 --> Skoda Fabia vRS --> Subaru STI5 Type R -->

I was very impressed with the Fabia vRS when I owned it, the only reaon I sold it was because I wanted big power and 4wd handling again. But within days of selling the vRS and "upgrading" to another Impreza I was really wishing I hadn't, even though the Impreza is such an amazing machine. I've been planning a return to Skoda ever since then. The STI5 Type R is now sold and is going to it's new owner next week, so I'm looking around for something to replace it.

Having already owned one, i'd like another Fabia. But this time I'm not concerned about performance, and am all about saving money. So I'm probably going to opt for one of the base models rather than the vRS - most likely the 1.2 12v (64bhp) Classic with metallic silver paint and EDL/ASR.

Does anyone have any comments about this model, especially if you've bought one recently?

Also, I've seen the special offers at www.skoda.co.uk and they list this model at

Broadspeed seem OK - they have been trading for a number of years.

Have you tried Drive The Deal?

OK onto Fabias - try to avoid the 54 bhp - willing but rather slow.

The 64 bhp is no ball of fire - but OK. Ambiente trim is so much better than classic. Remember also the 54bhp has a radio cassette (and a poor one at that)

If you can afford it go for a 16v 100bhp Comfort/Ambiente trim.

But even if you can only afford the 64 hp classic that is better on fuel than the 54hp

Thanks guys, that deal looks rather tempting! I'll definately be giving them a shout once I have the money for my Impreza. I'll also print that ad out to wave at the manager of my local offical Skoda dealership. :thumbup: