Felicia OS Mirror Blind Spot

Hi

Just finding out the little niggles and oddities of living with a new ride. My Fun has a lethal blind spot in the O/S wing mirror, had a couple of close calls already! Got some stick-on convex mirrors in the short term but would rather sort it more subtly. I've pulled the mirror off to see if there was a 'trim' option but to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this? How have you resolved it? Is it a case of fitting aftermarket mirrors?

Thanks

14 hours ago, RicardoM said:

How is the mirror blind spot solved from factory on your other cars?

Event with full adjustment I can mostly see truckman and have to lean over the gearstick to see overtaking/passing motorway traffic. Just didn't know if all Felicias did this or maybe if my my mirror was faulty/damaged internally/bodged.

You didn't answer my question.

I rephrase it. How do your other stock cars not having a mirror blind spot?

Edited by RicardoM

I thought you'll understand where I'm hinting.

Learn how to adjust your seat and mirrors for not having blind spots.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

There is nothing wrong with Felicia stock mirrors. It's you not knowing how to adjust them correctly.

20 hours ago, KevSunshine said:

Event with full adjustment I can mostly see truckman and have to lean over the gearstick to see overtaking/passing motorway traffic. Just didn't know if all Felicias did this or maybe if my my mirror was faulty/damaged internally/bodged.

The mirrors on other cars have a split section on them that acts as a blindspot mirror. Nothing works better than a glance over your shoulder though (or a slight lean forward and glance over your shoulder in the case of a Pickup).

@KevSunshine You should definitely be able to adjust the mirror out so that you can see more than Truckman. Has your mirror glass been fixed solid?

On 29/04/2017 at 22:28, RicardoM said:

I thought you'll understand where I'm hinting.

Learn how to adjust your seat and mirrors for not having blind spots.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

There is nothing wrong with Felicia stock mirrors. It's you not knowing how to adjust them correctly.

I can adjust mirrors just fine thanks, been doing it for quite some time.

Sometimes a problem falls outside of the prescribed solution or accepted fixes in a standard situation. I was wondering if my mirrors were:

a) standard

B) damaged

c) fixed/bodged badly

d) had gained sentience, gone evil and were plotting my demise via a traffic 'accident' that would very much be my fault.

e) just a crap design and lots of Felicia owners just swap them for Polo GTI ones; for example.

Kev

On 4/30/2017 at 10:19, HeavyMetalRich said:

The mirrors on other cars have a split section on them that acts as a blindspot mirror. Nothing works better than a glance over your shoulder though (or a slight lean forward and glance over your shoulder in the case of a Pickup).

@KevSunshine You should definitely be able to adjust the mirror out so that you can see more than Truckman. Has your mirror glass been fixed solid?

Good shout on the split mirror. Might see if I can source a replacement glass to suit. The glass moves with the cable adjust. Maybe retro fitting electric mirrors might help? I can get around it by adjusting driving style/doing 'the lean', but the more I can do to make it safer the better. fitting a more suitable mirror gets it better faster than changing 17 years of driving habit. Not right, but safer, faster = better.

2 hours ago, KevSunshine said:

Sometimes a problem falls outside of the prescribed solution or accepted fixes in a standard situation. I was wondering if my mirrors were:

a) standard

B) damaged

c) fixed/bodged badly

d) had gained sentience, gone evil and were plotting my demise via a traffic 'accident' that would very much be my fault.

e) just a crap design and lots of Felicia owners just swap them for Polo GTI ones; for example.

For a) to c) it is your job to determine. For d) I recommend a priest. I doubt point e) holds water.

• Like 2