Boot issue

Hi guys

Had this happen today.

Parked car, locked it and went into the museum I was visiting. During visit went to the café to eat lunch, sat down and noticed the boot on my car opening (must of hit ignition key button in pocket as I sat down) but and here is my problem, the car wouldn't close the boot by the button on the ignition key until I was standing half a meter from the rear of the car and at that distance I would of been able to touch the button on the boot lid. Now when I was in the café I was at least 70 meters away and a floor up.

Is this normal?

Can the boot opening by remote be disabled?

I cannot believe that the boot can be opened at that distance but not closed until I could touch the car.

Thanks for the link but its all about windows not the boot lid.

I am going to speak to the dealer because if I hadn't noticed then my car isn't covered by my insurance because its open and anything taken I've lost even though the car is locked and secured when I left it.

2 hours ago, jeehi said:

Thanks for the link but its all about windows not the boot lid.

The thread was about Windows opening on their own, but it also mentions tailgates/boot lids opening as well, and the fact that there are numerous threads about that problem.