Will a PD150 turbo heatsoak a SMIC

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of topics and asked many questions about this and I couldn't get a straight answer. Will a PD150 turbo on 190-ish bhp heatsoak a standard SMIC ? Car is lowered and it won't be raced or drived hard, it needs to cope on occasional overtake and up to 100MPH drive on motorway (autobahn ?!? ) 

Few Question More :)

1. I know I need to clock a turbo housing on a PD150 turbo, but do I need to extend the oil feed pipe ?

2. If I run a PD150 turbo on 190-ish bhp the pressure should be around 1.7 bar ? Will a standard MAP sensor be enough ?

3. What will happen if I remove the fuel cooler from a car ?

4 minutes ago, tibor987 said:

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of topics and asked many questions about this and I couldn't get a straight answer. Will a PD150 turbo on 190-ish bhp heatsoak a standard SMIC ? Car is lowered and it won't be raced or drived hard, it needs to cope on occasional overtake and up to 100MPH drive on motorway (autobahn ?!? ) 

On a very hot sunny day you will really struggle have you thought about water methanol injection?

Few Question More :)

1. I know I need to clock a turbo housing on a PD150 turbo, but do I need to extend the oil feed pipe ?

2. If I run a PD150 turbo on 190-ish bhp the pressure should be around 1.7 bar ? Will a standard MAP sensor be enough ? Yes and 1.7 bar is about right

3. What will happen if I remove the fuel cooler from a car ? Fuel will be hotter and less dense reducing power

^^^ this.

Mine would heat soak at 165bhp on a standard turbo.  Your defo worth that extra effort in a FMIC,  one run in on the standard cooler with a pd150 will heat soak it. 

Your Inlet temps will be nasty too. In comparison you will prob reach 100 degrees in that set up where with a good Fmic temps will be more lime 28 - 32 degrees i believe.  

And im 1.5 bar for 213.6 bhp with a similar turbo.( slightly bigger) 

No oil feed is fine as is, just renew or get the braided one..  

I am fairly sure that boost will pop the original boost couplings etc so watch yourself .:)