Bolero radio

I have just noticed when i start the car up on the bolero radio the opening scene on it was welcome to skoda and the skoda badge, but now there is nothing and goes straight to radio stations.

Have i turned something off not knowing?

It only does it under certain circumstances, but I'm not sure which...lol

Maybe if the radio is on, you stop the car, then restart I think it then shows the Skoda logo screen.

I have noticed that the radio and the media player seem to display differently at random. There is often quite a lag between starting an album off, before the cd sleeve appears. I only listen to albums and not tunes. On dab radio the station logo has currently disappeared but the programme information is there. It will reappear sometime.

The station logos seem to need pre-programmed in. Perhaps your station name has changed (eg. Xfm to RadioX, Citybeat to Q etc.) and it can no longer find an appropriate logo?

The only logo I have is for World Service, which seems to be sent over the airwaves, not sure why other stations can't or won't do this.

If you're missing DAB radio logos you have download them onto a USB stick, and then load into the Radio.

See this post.

Too much for the minimal aesthetic gain, but thanks anyway. Not sure I found the correct site for the logos.

The FM station logos are still there though. Not that I listen much to them nowadays.

Today I heard, when stationary and parked, that the Daily Service was on long wave and dab. I have always wondered where, as sometimes cricket is also on long wave.

Viewing on the station list format I found Radio 4. Next to it was a > symbol. Clicked on it then Daily Service choice popped up. Imagine trying to do that on the move? Too complicated and difficult to hit the logos on the move.

That was what I meant by pre-programmed in.

I haven't bothered. Not a fan of the touchscreen, yes the maxidot allows me to change stations (my poverty spec has a DAB radio but doesn't have wheel controls!) but trying to press presets while on the move is borderline dangerous.

Pressing the radio with an eye logo then pressing station info then returning has enable the logos along with err info. Not intuitive with several other choices.

Difficult to hit the buttons on the touchscreen. Dangerous and distracting. Too much choice. Today I found a short novel about fuel saving , with chapter headings, when I pressed the leaf symbol.

Edited by gregoir
Completion of message.

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 14:24, glosrich said:

It only does it under certain circumstances, but I'm not sure which...lol

Maybe if the radio is on, you stop the car, then restart I think it then shows the Skoda logo screen.

Have you had the same trouble?

I tried doing a factory reset but no joy.

I know its only a silly thing but it anoying me for some reason

22 hours ago, Steveyboy said:

Have you had the same trouble?

I tried doing a factory reset but no joy.

I know its only a silly thing but it anoying me for some reason

Its simple really.

When you unlock your car, the radio starts powering up in the background. By the time you come to start your car the radio is ready, so no logo as its already booted up, SD Card, Bluetooth etc. all ready to go.

Now if you do not start the car, after about 15 minutes it all powers off to save battery. So lets say you now start the car, (remember its now been unlocked for 15 minutes). The radio now powers on from scratch, so you will see the Skoda logo whilst the system boots (just like your home PC Bios screen). The SD card needs reading, Bluetooth initialising etc. All this takes time, so boot up takes longer.

Edited by mannyo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mannyo said:

Its simple really.

When you unlock your car, the radio starts powering up in the background. By the time you come to start your car the radio is ready, so no logo as its already booted up, SD Card, Bluetooth etc. all ready to go.

Now if you do not start the car, after about 15 minutes it all powers off to save battery. So lets say you now start the car, (remember its now been unlocked for 15 minutes). The radio now powers on from scratch, so you will see the Skoda logo whilst the system boots (just like your home PC Bios screen). The SD card needs reading, Bluetooth initialising etc. All this takes time, so boot up takes longer.

Just tried that and worked a treat

Many thanks