Mud Flap Fitting Guide

Mr Grump

The dealer fit my mudflaps - must admit I've not looked underneath to see what they've removed but I would assume the same as Mr Grump.  On the "other" kodiaq forum, page 5 of the faults requiring warranty claim there's a few examples of people with the same issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Wow! They've arrived then! Any pictures, would be good to see the changes?

Any part numbers too?

Well...a bit difficult cause dealer installed them. I asked from dealer what factory did with mudflaps and obvious answer was "We don't know" and thats the story. I think part number is same as prevoius flaps but not sure 100%.

• Like 1

That's a shame. I wonder if the sills still need to be cut to fit the newly redesigned mudflaps.

I'll let my dealer know they are available, at least in Estonia! 

Just rang a couple of dealers here in the UK, both saying the same, still no new part numbers for the replacement flaps.

The 'due date' on their system still says mid-April.

@fuzzz if you do get the chance to speak with your dealer in Estonia again, it would be great if they could get you the new part numbers...

Skoda UK customer services confirmed the same, they must see the same system as their dealer network, no part numbers showing, 'mid-April' is the expected date.

9 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Just rang a couple of dealers here in the UK, both saying the same, still no new part numbers for the replacement flaps.

The 'due date' on their system still says mid-April.

@fuzzz if you do get the chance to speak with your dealer in Estonia again, it would be great if they could get you the new part numbers...

@silver1011 calling them tomorrow and let you know about part number  of front laps...

• Like 1

On 15/05/2018 at 00:13, silver1011 said:

Brilliant, thanks fuzzz, have a beer on me :D

35c9ba88c6b2d200f85f7a5edeea6bdb.thumb.jpg.a6a7a777fc46f7dbe58605eeecb449bf.jpg

@silver1011hi my dealer said the part number which was the same as earlier 565075111...but is it the same with new flaps...tomorrow will call another Skoda dealer to get confirmation .

• Like 1

Interesting, so they haven't changed the part number? Thanks for your efforts fuzzz!

I emailed Skoda in the Czech Republic asking for the new part number, they gave me the current part number for the rear mudflaps :D

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Thought I'd head straight for the organ grinder, Skoda Czech Republic.

They gave me the existing part number... for the rear mudflaps :D

Capture.JPG.0f9982bd1624a7fdb69be59b2f66ad9d.JPG

@silver1011called another dealer but....they promised me to call back but my phone is quiet so try next week agan to ask from them.:speechless:

Edited by fuzzz
  • Like 1

I've given up with Skoda UK, they are adamant that what they see on their system is the same as that of their franchised dealers. I understand this but it needs to be Skoda UK either pushing their parts department, or their parts department pushing the factory for a date...

Capture.thumb.JPG.dd4fb5309769dd1e25290600dd856f04.JPG

Their only other advice was to keep an eye on this page of their website, apparently they use it to communicate anything 'news' related. All I see is high level promotional or sponsorship messages, I can't see an announcement been made on the availability of a set of mudflaps!

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/news

Seems all we can do is wait for Skoda UK's parts department to pull their finger out. Unfortunately if they're like the rest of the team then that's unlikely to be anytime soon.

On 5/21/2018 at 14:32, fuzzz said:

@silver1011 hi ...got it...new part number for front mudflaps is 565075111A , old one was without "A" . Rembered I know a guy from Skoda who is spare parts manager. So this is the right partnumber !

Any photos? Are they different to the ones where you have to dismember the wheel arch? Are they available in the UK? Questions, questions. So many questions. :) 

4 hours ago, Bignij said:

Any photos? Are they different to the ones where you have to dismember the wheel arch? Are they available in the UK? Questions, questions. So many questions. :) 

@BignijTheyre very similar to previous ones ...dealer fitted them and don't no what they look like from behind...one thing I have to say they are pretty loose not tight and they don't put any pressure for plastic trims.

• Like 1

fuzzz, you were right, the revised part number is confirmed, they've added an 'A' to the end...

565 075 111A

Capture.JPG.5686ece483712a584c0ee68fe2ee5dd7.JPG

My dealer has ordered a set, although he tells me there is still no date on the system for their availability.

• 2 weeks later...

They've arrived in the UK, my dealer rang me up and said they'd just been delivered.

Picking the car up on the 15th June so will take some pictures.

After all that effort in trying to source the revised mudflaps, picked the new car up today, the dealer couldn't fit them, you can't have the side steps (running boards) and front mud flaps together apparently

Never mind :D

12 hours ago, silver1011 said:

After all that effort in trying to source the revised mudflaps, picked the new car up today, the dealer couldn't fit them, you can't have the side steps (running boards) and front mud flaps together apparently

Never mind :D

Surprised at this. No way can they share the mounting points, the mudflap mounts wouldn't be strong enough for the running boards.