Help!

The rear seats on my fun are jammed open. The mechanism engaged on one side but not the other. It stayed closed and now neither side will budge. The release handle doesn't release or move anything on either side. Is this a common issuse? Have others solved it before? I can chuck the hard top on for now but obviously wish to fix it ASAP.

Thanks

KevSunshine

Top image jammed side, lower engaged.

1493997153239119524513.thumb.jpg.e7d3f6aeae133b3708f4d3bf04dad470.jpg1493997153239119524513.thumb.jpg.e7d3f6aeae133b3708f4d3bf04dad470.jpg

14939971837231714278678.jpg

Kev, from the look of your top pic, I would say the lock is already shut so the peg wouldn't go in. But the fact it has gone in on the other side has created the jam I think. You need to probably pull back on the bench to ease the pressure and hopefully that will aid the release of the locks. A bit of spray lube would help too.

I've never seen this element of a Fun working before unfortunately so can only go by your info and pics. Hope this helps and you get it sorted.

I sussed this out not long after posting the thread. It seems my post got lost in the ether...

Rich, the seat bulkhead was seized/jammed/not for moving. I tried a gradual application of brute force and an equivalent short sharp shove, but it was worries I'd damage the bulkhead if I went entirely further.

I solved it be pulling the rear seat pad forwards to move the rod that works the mechanism directly. It's the lower one. Needs a little force, but it released the left latch, the one that had engaged properly. That gave the seat back/bulkhead full free movement again. I'll be lubricating the latches an making sure it's all working properly with no slack. In the short term I'll be double checking the mechanisms before locking the seats back!

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

1493997624327112192207.thumb.jpg.9559fd6f4bc6c9f82d53cabe147882f9.jpg

On 5/5/2017 at 18:13, KevSunshine said:

Is this a common issuse?

I would like to clear something because I saw on your topics that you live under the impression that Felicia Fun (or Felicia in general) might have common issues coming from design flaws. The answer is NO, there aren't. Felicia is not Dacia Logan, Renault Megane, Ford Focus or Daewoo Tico.

From my experience, the vast majority of technical or functional issues have the driver as common factor. Examples:

• bad maintenance, neglect, abuse
  • ignorance when doing modifications / tuning / repairs
  • bad operation of the car (read Owner's Manual)

Felicia is a car that is very loved at home and all over the world. There is a pinned topic in this forum section showing just that.