What should I expect when I pick up my new Citigo?

Legendofthejive

Hello! First post so be gentle! I have a Citigo Colour edition on order from Platinum Skoda Bath, all being well I will get my hands on it mid June. This is my first brand new car (always had cars 10 plus years old or older!), so I am looking for some advice with what I should expect when I pick the car up in terms of service. Is there anything I should particularly look out for/ask/check, what should they do for me before letting me drive off? Is it just a case of signing any paper work, giving the car a once over and if OK that is it, or will they go through the car with me in terms of how to use the features etc? Is there anything you wish you had asked/checked when you picked your Citigo up?

I've gone with the dynamic black interior, variable boot floor, space saver wheel, sport suspension, the winter pack and the convenience pack... oh in white! Are there any other accessories you recommend?

Sorry for all the questions... thanks!

My handover was pretty straightforward,signed a few forms for the finance agreement, had to show My drivers licence.As for the car the Citigo is nice and simple to use so no need for long drawn out demonstration on how the car works etc.Pairing your mobile is really simple.I personally would recommend the DAB radio as an option, first car I have DAB and would not be without it now.

• Like 1

Thats it's the one you ordered, make sure any extras you added are present and they work as they should.

Check the wheels, boby work is Ok, no dings, scratches etc etc. Don't rush have a good look inside and out, if your not happy tell them.  

• Like 1

As above really, my handover was shocking by new car standards but that was fine for me tbh as it was last thing on a Friday and I wanted to go home, also mine was the showroom demo so I'd already inspected it thoroughly myself when putting the deposit down. As you've an MY17 (I guess??) you don't have to worry about the PID but make sure they supply a phone holder for the dash as they are the kind of thing that goes missing from them or gets taken when other handovers are being done. I'd personally go for some mudflaps and rubber mats (as I have) as having a white car myself I can testify it gets pretty filthy but I live in the sticks. I've fitted an auto light conversion which is pretty cool and gives you the come home lights which is a nice addition. I like the colour edition black roof and I keep thinking about wrapping my MC roof black.

Good luck with it and remember to take your driving license and ID to the dealer for the handover :)

Edited by SashaGrace

Enjoy the new car.

After collection check what the tyre pressures were set at the PDI, or take a pressure gauge and check what they are at the hand over after asking the salesperson what they get set at the PDI.

This can help you know how good their PDI's are.

Also look at the Coolant Level at hand over, and dip the oil then when cold, or once home and you will know what it showed when new.

• Like 1

Before June, you might want to instruct the dealer to put none of *his* advertising stickers, badges, number plate surrounds etc. on *your* new car.

Then if these items are present at handover, insist the dealer remove them before you accept the car.

Enjoy your Citigo; it's a cracking car.

And keep asking the questions; it's what the Forum's for!

• Like 2

On 5/14/2017 at 08:10, leckman said:

My handover was pretty straightforward,signed a few forms for the finance agreement, had to show My drivers licence.As for the car the Citigo is nice and simple to use so no need for long drawn out demonstration on how the car works etc.Pairing your mobile is really simple.I personally would recommend the DAB radio as an option, first car I have DAB and would not be without it now.

Thanks for the advice, How have you found the signal for the DAB radio when driving around? Might be too late to add this in now as it will be arriving in 4 weeks?

On 5/14/2017 at 13:30, SashaGrace said:

As above really, my handover was shocking by new car standards but that was fine for me tbh as it was last thing on a Friday and I wanted to go home, also mine was the showroom demo so I'd already inspected it thoroughly myself when putting the deposit down. As you've an MY17 (I guess??) you don't have to worry about the PID but make sure they supply a phone holder for the dash as they are the kind of thing that goes missing from them or gets taken when other handovers are being done. I'd personally go for some mudflaps and rubber mats (as I have) as having a white car myself I can testify it gets pretty filthy but I live in the sticks. I've fitted an auto light conversion which is pretty cool and gives you the come home lights which is a nice addition. I like the colour edition black roof and I keep thinking about wrapping my MC roof black.

Good luck with it and remember to take your driving license and ID to the dealer for the handover :)

Thanks for the solid advice! Yep it is a MY17, was too late to keep the cheap tax, but managed to get a good deal by getting the dealer to match the lowest price on CarWow plus a little bit more! Will look into the mud flaps and rubber matts. Where did you get the auto light conversion kit from?

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 14:39, Robjon said:

Before June, you might want to instruct the dealer to put none of *his* advertising stickers, badges, number plate surrounds etc. on *your* new car.

Then if these items are present at handover, insist the dealer remove them before you accept the car.

Enjoy your Citigo; it's a cracking car.

And keep asking the questions; it's what the Forum's for!

I was actually thinking of this myself! Will email them now regarding the stickers etc. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Legendofthejive said:

Thanks for the solid advice! Yep it is a MY17, was too late to keep the cheap tax, but managed to get a good deal by getting the dealer to match the lowest price on CarWow plus a little bit more! Will look into the mud flaps and rubber matts. Where did you get the auto light conversion kit from?

The light conversion came from eBay, just search VW auto light conversion and you'll find it. Or the link is on my thread :)

• Like 1