2 year valuations

Hi all,

As someone on the kind of lease where VWFS might soon give me a price to keep the car, I'm wondering what others have been doing?

How much might I be asked for?

This is a SE Business 2.0 TDI with extras of metallic paint and Canton stereo (I don't know if I'd have to pay for those "again"?).

Not sure if the general anti diesel vibe is suppressing prices?

I would have a look at some of the car buying sites and see what they would offer. Generally, they'll be at the bottom end of the valuation, but it's a guide.

For reference, Evans Halshaw said just short of £11k for my 65 plate SE-L 2.0 Tdi Hatch with 45k.

My estimates is that the Superb will maintain good residuals and remain solid VFM compared to its competitors. This should be reflected in the trade value.

What type of lease are you on, a PCH?

If so then the price to purchase is usually higher than what you could pick the car up from off a local dealers forecourt. For some reason Skoda do not price them to encourage you to buy them, perhaps they prefer to let their franchised dealer network have them?

On a PCP you know the final balloon payment at the point of signing up.

Yes, PCH. I'll be interested to see how the price they quote + the payments I've made (about £6000 inc VAT) compare to the notional new price (which was a little hard to know, as this model was designed with leasing in mind, but I'd guess at around £21k, maybe £22k with metallic + Canton). So anything less than £15k would be attractive in that way. Suspect my car might be similar to teebs's, a bit more as the mileage will be just under 20k. I wonder when they get in touch? Presumably the actual condition of the car is not taken into account, as the alternative would include an adjustment for any damage.

Did a webuyanycar quote on mine. 2.0 tdi  se business estate, 21k 18 months old. Offered just over 13k for it. Assuming that's down to around 12k when given back in December at 24 months old and about 28k miles it will have lost 9k in value. I'll have paid about 5.6k of that in lease costs.  Skoda dealers will have their work cut out to get 16k for it!

I had my Octavia on pcp for £23k at the 34th month mark it was worth £9k according to Skoda. It was in perfect condition but had gone over on mileage by about 12k. 3 years driving did just over 42k miles. 

Edited by tigermad

On 2017-5-25 at 15:26, Bugginbob said:

Did a webuyanycar quote on mine. 2.0 tdi  se business estate, 21k 18 months old. Offered just over 13k for it. Assuming that's down to around 12k when given back in December at 24 months old and about 28k miles it will have lost 9k in value. I'll have paid about 5.6k of that in lease costs.  Skoda dealers will have their work cut out to get 16k for it!

Sorry, I'm confused! Have Skoda said what you'd have to pay to keep it? 

Also, does your £5.6k include the 8k mileage surcharge (assuming it was a 10k contract)?

Have a look on AutoTrader and you may change your mind about that £16k. I think it would be eminently achievable. Is it Auto?

...although on second thoughts.... looks like the SE Business is a lot cheaper than SE-L!

Edited by thewinelake

^^^^ no skoda haven't said what it will be to keep it, all purely theoretical. What I was trying to say was that I will only have paid 5.6k (that includes my car mileage as changed the Mileage limit a year in to the lease which was less than half the cost of paying the xs  mileage). On approx 22k list price (inc metallic paint) skoda will need to get 16.4k for the car on the forecourt to have covered their cost based on original list price. I have no idea what they will sell it to me for but assume it will be well over a trade price as they seem to keep them at high prices for second hand models in the skoda network. Incidentally the discounted price to VWFS on my order form was 18.1k so assume that was the cost price roughly. Again based on the 5.6k they could sell it on for 12.5k and break even. So I assume its value to Skoda is somewhere between the two. 

As I said all purely theoretical and just as I was interested in what a low trade value would be in case skoda offer me the car. I'm unlikely to buy it anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defenderben said:

Excuse my ignorance but do you ever get offered the chance to purchase on a PCH?

Officially now but Skoda wrote to me at the start of my lease and said they may offer it to a family member or friend and I should contact them if interested. I assume that's some sort of code for if I want to buy it they'll sell it to my wife ;-)

On 2017-5-26 at 21:19, Defenderben said:

Excuse my ignorance but do you ever get offered the chance to purchase on a PCH?

I'm told that it depends on the exact nature of your agreement. In my case yes, although this wasn't explained to me when I took the agreement out (I suspect the salesman would have been ignorant of it anyway).