Fabia mk3 VRS!!!

I would love it sooooo much! That would be my first choice for my next car. As I said on a different post if it came with a tfsi engine too then it would be amazing! I'll just pray they do it in the next 2 years.

Edited by TheGLuigi

Skoda just abuse that RS /vRS name as a trim level these days with nothing that has anything to do with Sporting Success or Heritage.

230 & now 245ps Octavia's (Taxi / Airport Transport Warm Hatches).  & Sporty Superbs and soon to be pimped up Kodaq's.

'Sportline' again trim as the power can be various, as pathetic as Ford & the ST-Line really.

The heritage was from small capacity and weight vehicles, not eleflump sized 'Large Family Sized SUV's, Hatch / saloon / estates'.

The Fabia R5 (before that the S2000) is having great rallying success but Skoda never did a 2.0l Petrol for showrooms with AWD, 

and no 1.6 Turbo Petrol with 2 or 4wd for Showroom Customers just Motorsport Buyers because the rules require them to sell some.

Skoda and the Fabia Body Shells use for Rallying and publicity is a joke really when what the general public can buy has 110ps & soon just 110ps with a 1.0TSI engine.

Edited by Awayoffski

• 3 weeks later...

My hopes went through the roof when I saw this thread title...

When the old boss of Skoda left I was hoping they'd see sense and see what people are REALLY requesting, this quote really pee'd me off "Skoda boss Bernhard Maier says there is “obviously a demand” in a vRS SUV".

But they don't see the astronomically gargantuan demand for another hot hatch?! I am so butthurt right now.

Edited by Skyl1n3

1 hour ago, Skyl1n3 said:

My hopes went through the roof when I saw this thread title...

When the old boss of Skoda left I was hoping they'd see sense and see what people are REALLY requesting, this quote really pee'd me off "Skoda boss Bernhard Maier says there is “obviously a demand” in a vRS SUV".

But they don't see the astronomically gargantuan demand for another hot hatch?! I am so butthurt right now.

"......astronomically gargantuan demand........"?  Something of an enormously overstated prospect, I think. The Fabia vRS has always been a niche market car...in sales numbers. Not everyone shares your enthusiasm, I'm afraid. Lovely idea but any semblance of Skoda autonomy seems to have gone out the Boardroom window some time ago. Maybe you'll have to save up for a perky Audi A1...that comes as a Quattro version, I think.  At a price, of course.

The Mk2 vRS did sell double that of the Polo GTI Twincharger & 6 times that of the Audi A1 185ps Twincharger.

Sold more than the SEAT Ibiza Twinchargers, but there is now a SEAT Ibiza 1.8TSI Cupra Manual available.

(& how few Audi S1 2015 on have Audi sold,not 'first registered' & sold used?.

but then they allowed the homologation of the Polo & Fabia R5 for Rallying, 

after all no AWD Fabia other than those going to choosen teams, customers.)

The New Polo GTI 1.8TSI sells, but not great numbers, sells as it does in the numbers it does because they are reduced in price and costs less in 2017 than a new Polo Gti 1.4TSI was in 2011.

'VW Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192 ps (320Nm Manual, 250Nm DSG Much Cheapness as they are available and not paying RRP.'

How many VW UP! GTI are the VW Group going to be selling in Europe / UK?

I suspect if Skoda was allowed to build a Citigo Sportline 110ps it would sell more than the VW.

Edited by Awayoffski

On 11/06/2017 at 11:30, alltorque said:

"......astronomically gargantuan demand........"?  Something of an enormously overstated prospect, I think. The Fabia vRS has always been a niche market car...in sales numbers. Not everyone shares your enthusiasm, I'm afraid.

Oh no I didn't mean the Mk2 vRS specifically I just meant for hot hatches in general, nearly 1 in 10 cars I see on the road are hot hatches and they're only getting more popular, even the volume of Mk3 Monte's I've seen everywhere and I just think for a few grand more a lot of them would easily have been vRS's if they'd made one.

Just seems more like Skoda aren't allowed to make one because it'd steal a huge chunk of sales, don't see VW, Seat and Audi worrying about poor sales of their own respective hot hatch predecessors in consideration of manufacturing the newer versions.

1 hour ago, Skyl1n3 said:

Oh no I didn't mean the Mk2 vRS specifically I just meant for hot hatches in general, nearly 1 in 10 cars I see on the road are hot hatches and they're only getting more popular, even the volume of Mk3 Monte's I've seen everywhere and I just think for a few grand more a lot of them would easily have been vRS's if they'd made one.

Just seems more like Skoda aren't allowed to make one because it'd steal a huge chunk of sales, don't see VW, Seat and Audi worrying about poor sales of their own respective hot hatch predecessors in consideration of manufacturing the newer versions.

Apologies for my misunderstanding. Skoda do seem to be being kept as the poor relation in this market sector. Shame, but suppose someone must know what their strategy is. However, judging by recent events in politics, that may not be the case.