SD Card

Simple question this.

When you collected your new car were you supplied with an SD card for navigation updates?  I am receiving conflicting information.

Please excuse my ignorance and thank you for your response.

Only if you have the Amundsen SatNav. Because it has no internal storage media to save the maps they need to be read from the maps SD Card which comes with your car and should always be present in one of the SD slots when using SatNav.

If you have the Columbus SatNav you do not get an SD Card because the maps are already stored on the device's internal hard drive. Updates are done using your own 32 Gb or larger SD Card which then transfers the maps to the hard drive.

If you have Swing or Bolero you do not get an SD Card as they do not have SatNav and therefore have no use for a maps SD Card.

• Like 1

In this case I was happy to ask a closed question.

i have Columbus and the question has been answered so thanks @BillyJim for the detailed response.

When i took delivery of my SEL Executive model - there was what appeared to be a dvd case in the glovebox, on opening it found a SD Card with the current maps that had been installed in the factory. Is it possible that some unscrupulous dealers are holding on to them?