Different.

Mrr4nd411

Hi,

I'm Tom

I have actually been a member of Briskoda for a few years now because I used to own a mk1 Fabia vrs and then a mk1 Octavia vrs,

since then I have been messing around with Fords, VWs and Audis but I'm back in a Skoda!

Specifically a 2014 Skoda Rapid Sport 1.2tsi in white, I have a few plans but possibly things no one here has seen on a Rapid before...

IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG

Damn that looks good. Where did you get it bagged and what was the rough cost?

I've been looking around for bag kits with very little success

Edited by Kurt_P
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kurt_P said:

Damn that looks good. Where did you get it bagged and what was the rough cost?

I've been looking around for bag kits with very little success

Thanks bud!

i bagged it myself,

the front and rear bags and shocks are off a polo (I need polo gti top mounts really)

the compressor is firestone,

the tank is out a land rover disco

and the airlines and power leads are just off ebay,

then im only using 2 way manual paddle valves as control,

at some point I'll either swap to solenoids or go full digital :)

so including all the suspension and air kit and the wood for the boot build And a few tools I've spent just under £800

2 minutes ago, Scobymoby said:

Would your set up be similar to what id need ? Coilovers aint enough :-) lovely car by the way

20170428_195753.jpg

You would need 55mm front air shocks, these are very common and easy to find, the golf, Passat, a3, a4, A6 and Leon all use 55mm shocks, would be best if you found air suspension for one of these cars for around the same year as yours, the rears you can probably use universal bags and your current coilover rear shocks, hope this helps!

Thank you, I'm very happy with how it looks, I still have more plans though!

Looks nice. I had a white one a while back, in my opinion one of the nicest colours for the car (that and the metallic blue). When I was over at Oxford Car Audio they tried to persuade me to go for air but insurance and cost where a bit of a concern. What's the ride like? I have to say where I live is a pain cause of speed bumps...

15 minutes ago, JonBRapid said:

Looks nice. I had a white one a while back, in my opinion one of the nicest colours for the car (that and the metallic blue). When I was over at Oxford Car Audio they tried to persuade me to go for air but insurance and cost where a bit of a concern. What's the ride like? I have to say where I live is a pain cause of speed bumps...

Thank you :)

yes I love the colour, although I haven't owned a white car before and I can't believe the amount of tar and iron it picks up! I clay bar'd it when I first got it and it's probably as bad now as it was then and I've only owned it 6 months,

the cost of air suspension is a bit daunting but this is my second 'bagged' car and in both cases Adrian flux have knocked £100 off my insurance when I declare it :) ,

the ride is hard though, most air suspension is designed for mid to large cars so in a little car it's quite solid, but at the same time it holds the road very well

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, AdamJonezy said:

That looks nice mate, damn them wheels are sexy :tongueout: What are they? 

Cheers bud :)

the wheels are called Squared, they're 3 piece splits and 18", that's pretty much all I know about them!

im not even 100% sure how wide they are, I thought they were 7.5 and 8j but a wheel measuring gauge says they're 9 and 9.5! As for osster I haven't got a clue, I can't find another set anywhere or even a photo on google! The wheels will be being split soon, the lips polished and the centres powdercoated :) 

15 minutes ago, Bignij said:

I much prefer a wooden pallet to those new fangled plastic ones.:wondering:

I'm a wooden pallet kind of guy too, plastic ones just aren't the same somehow 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrr4nd411 said:

Cheers bud :)

the wheels are called Squared, they're 3 piece splits and 18", that's pretty much all I know about them!

im not even 100% sure how wide they are, I thought they were 7.5 and 8j but a wheel measuring gauge says they're 9 and 9.5! As for osster I haven't got a clue, I can't find another set anywhere or even a photo on google! The wheels will be being split soon, the lips polished and the centres powdercoated :) 

No worries mate. 

Damn, pretty rare set of rims then. I don't think I've ever seen any other rims like them to be honest. They seriously look the part anyway mate. Keep up the work mate. 

Edited by AdamJonezy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AdamJonezy said:

No worries mate. 

Damn, pretty rare set of rims then. I don't think I've ever seen any other rims like them to be honest. They seriously look the part anyway mate. Keep up the work mate. 

Cheers bud, I'm sure I'll have some more updates soon :)

• Like 1