Time soon to change from my 2.0TDI Elegance.

Sooo...  time is approaching to change my car, which has to be one of the most comfortable cars I've ever had the pleasure of, economical as well, MPG is still getting better week by week. Been looking at the O3FL, not a fan of the front, but the rest of the car is great, can live with the fugly look. Got a question that I hope someone can help with?

I'm probably going to end up changing from a 2.0 TDi to a 1.4 TSI DSG (Both 150PS engines). Is the 1.4 going to be an issue as I'm used to the 2.0ltr? Not worried about the MPG difference... just the everyday driving aspect. (Am I trying to talk myself out of another O3? This would be my 3rd.)

You'll notice the lack of low-end torque with the 1.4 TSi, so that instant 30-50mph shove won't be there in quite the same way that it is with the diesel. But what you get instead is an engine that's quieter, more refined and - unless you do serious mileage - cheaper. Don't fear the torque drop, though - I came to mine from a Volvo V70 2.5T and I've been perfectly happy with what is by any reasonable measure a decent all-round performer.

It also works very well with the DSG-7

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keith64 said:

Sooo...  time is approaching to change my car, which has to be one of the most comfortable cars I've ever had the pleasure of, economical as well, MPG is still getting better week by week. Been looking at the O3FL, not a fan of the front, but the rest of the car is great, can live with the fugly look. Got a question that I hope someone can help with?

I'm probably going to end up changing from a 2.0 TDi to a 1.4 TSI DSG (Both 150PS engines). Is the 1.4 going to be an issue as I'm used to the 2.0ltr? Not worried about the MPG difference... just the everyday driving aspect. (Am I trying to talk myself out of another O3? This would be my 3rd.)

Mate Keith, with the DSG you won't notice any difference just a bit smoother/quiter.

You may find some throttle lag in Eco but, otherwise, you'll be fine

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Mate Keith, with the DSG you won't notice any difference just a bit smoother/quiter.

You may find some throttle lag in Eco but, otherwise, you'll be fine

Cheers Tony..  so not going to be much different..  get lag from the diesel in eco mode...  so never use it...  sport or sport!:biggrin:

• Like 1

Good choice, TSI is one remarkable piece of engineering.

People are somewhat confused with the torque, as what you feel when you press the throttle, isn't torque of the engine itself, but multiplied torque through the transmission to the wheels. You feel how the wheel accelerates the vehicle, and that is the only important thing in the comparison.

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/match4661-6630.htm

As you can see, old 140HP 1.4 TSI is quite comparable to 2.0 TDI with 150HP. New one can be only better. Yes, it has less torque on the engine side, but on the wheels quite a lot, maybe even more then a TDI.

• Like 2