Controls above the shifter.

Hi all

I was having a look at a new MK3 FL2 VRS in a show room at the weekend and noticed this particular one had only 3 options on the control panel above the shifter. I believe this was stop start, central locking and another. I've included an image so that you know the panel that I'm referring too. 

I was just wondering if anyone had a list or diagram of all the possible features that can appear here. 

Ive traditionally always owned low spec cars with lots of blank plastic feature buttons were the operations would have been had they been selected :). I was a bit surprised and disappointment  to see a VrS trim with so many empty slots. 

IMG_0249.PNG

VRS mode

stop/start

ESC off

Lock/unlock doors

Auto tailgate 

Park assist

Parking sensors off

The picture you attached looks like it's of a LHD car. The USB input is on the right, and the buttons seem like they're in a reverse order to mine.

The picture on the middle button looks like the tyre pressure monitor symbol, which is a bit odd?

Cheers Pjam 

The image I included is from the owners handbook. I only included it so people could see the panel I was referring to, this wasn't reflective of the car I was looking at.

Thank you for your response. 

I assume many of these are not standard in the VRS. 

Many of these switches will be dependent on the "packs" you have optioned in the vehicle, eg tech or comfort packs, or whatever they may be called in UK.

My car (RS fully optioned with nothing "missing") still has 2 switch positions blank..... so presumably other vehicles in the VW Group that use this panel, may have additional options.

I believe the Superb with optional adaptive shocks, will have a switch in this position.

• Like 1