Poor fuel consumption after new turbo fitted?

Just had a new Turbo fitted to my Octavia 1.9 PD Tdi 105 (BKC) with DSG box. New glow plugs and feed pipes replaced and car feels a lot stiffer to drive, doesn't want to change up where it used to before and drinking far more fuel. 

All brakes checked and no sign of sticking calipers, wheels move freely etc. Also notice power delivery from the turbo is not that smooth (sudden boost above 2500rpm) but a bit lacklustre before that.

Could there be a restriction somewhere, or turbo poorly primed?

Would appreciate some advice please

Edited by RJMcLean

Do you know what type of turbo is fitted now? These cars have quite a small turbo but maybe your new one is bigger than the original one. This car i guess is not powerful enough to spool up your new big turbo, which leads to no boost when you usually had lots of it with a smaller turbo, so the fuel consumption will be a lot more than before and which would explain it only spooling up above 2500rpm.

Check for the turbo model and size compared to original one!

Well have drove from Plymouth and now stopped at Leicester services. After Bristol Mpg started to improve and power improved to above 50mpg after being driven at 2500rpm. Came off at Evesham turn off for A46 and after  while of speed changes up and down for the roundabouts it's gone back to lower power and higher fuel consumption again. Think the turbo is sticking and a faulty one fitted is my bet. If it is that it will be done on warranty as it's only been in a week

Update: the front driver's side brake pad has been rubbing slightly but brake disc still ok. Was only replaced just under 2 years ago and it's gone again. The calipers on these cars really are a joke

More money. Car will be parked up now until I get paid. Ffs.

Now resolved.

Seems the garages who changed the pads didn't lubricate the calipers correctly. Pulled back rubber seal and fill of rust. Yanked it out, lubricated up and refitted. All working as should now and Leicester to Coningsby Lincs, and achieved 56mpg. 

Money saved but I will have to try and keep them lubed up every 6 months or so to prevent a repeat performance

Thanks all