Service advice sdi fabia 01 reg...product type and fuel filter change advice

Need to buy some filters today,,,,oil,air fuel.....europarts offer Bosch, Mann and crossland.....would you advise one over the other.....not a great deal of difference in price.

Ive never changed the fuel filter before......is there anything I should be aware of or is it just straight forward swap like for like and that's it ?

Bosch or Mann are generally considered better quality, it doesn't really matter too much though they all do the job. I went for Mann for my 1.2 and made no difference vs the crosland which were fitted previously. Oil type makes the most difference out of any service part.

1 hour ago, Wuyang said:

Need to buy some filters today,,,,oil,air fuel.....europarts offer Bosch, Mann and crossland.....would you advise one over the other.....not a great deal of difference in price.

Ive never changed the fuel filter before......is there anything I should be aware of or is it just straight forward swap like for like and that's it ?

@Wuyang I buy Mann filters for my cars as I think they are the best quality, although I suspect Bosch would be fine too. I'd personally avoid Crossland (who used to be very good until they were sold off) as they are an ECP brand now and the filters will be sourced cheaply i.e. dimensions slightly out, poorer construction,etc.

• Like 2

+1 Vote for Mann filters

In terms of changing the fuel filter have somewhere ready to pour the diesel in it away i.e. your waster oil can.

Also make certain the battery is good and you have at least 1/4 tank of fuel so you don't struggle to prime the new filter.

• Like 1