Used Roomster discount

We are looking to buy a used Roomster, prices in main dealers are around £9000 for the later low mileage models.

What discount should I expect to negotiate.

I wanted to get a superb but my Mother in law (who lives with us) found it difficult to get in (92 years old). But she hopped in and out of a Roomster!!!

best regards

Paul

There are some asking £5 short of £10,000, but then Asking Prices are just that.

How good can you bargain, do you have a trade in, do you have cash, do you want finance, how desperate is the Dealer or the Sales Executive for a sale?

No hard and fast rule on discounts, it is down to what you can get them to accept, and if you are prepared to walk away.

Many will tell you the price is the price, so maybe leave your number and suggest when they are wanting a sale to call you.

Using a broker I was quoted 13% discount for a Superb. So that is my target for a used car.

I am in no rush to purchase, so I could wait a few weeks. I believe the summer holidays are quiet times for the motor trade.

I can pay cash but maybe I should use finance and then settle the finance after a few days.

Summer holidays are a good selling time for MPV's selling in the UK.

The Roomster does not fall into the same 'Used Car Rules' as many cars do because no matter how ugly, people that want them want them and many Salespeople say. 

'Scarce as hens teeth',  well almost true as Discontinued and they have fans.

Just like the Discontinued Yeti has, and there are not many other vehicles that are competitors. 

Sliding rear doors etc, Diesel Petrol, Manual, DSG, Basic cars that do what it says on the tin, practical.

All the best looking, but New Car Broker Discounts really have little to do with Used Cars no longer in production, 

and sometimes owners with older models want to buy as keepers the last models produced, or others do.

Fwiw I regret getting rid of my 15 plate roomster 

As a guide they offered me 7k trade in and priced and sold it it a few weeks later for 9500 they might have been knocked down 

You might say I was daft to take such a hit on the car but I had my reasons

Let's just say I didn't trade it in at my usual local dealer :cool:

I bought my 63 plate SE for £4,400 of list price. That offer saw dealers offering the model for £9995 but a dealer was offering £9600 so I jumped at the price. I wonder how this affects trade in values as that discount represents a free year's depreciation or more. So if buyers bought at list with for example a 10% discount and traded it in a few years down the line they still will lose against the guys who bought at a heavy discount