A question about adblue

The Wanderer,

?

What size of Ad-blue tank have you that shows a 10,000 mile range?

How much Ad-blue have you put in to fill it up & what range was showing before filling it?

I have a 17 litre tank that at the PDI / Hand over showed 7,000 miles,

and when full shows 7,500 miles range.

DSCN1207 (2).JPG

DSCN3648.JPG

Edited by AwaoffSki

Don't know offhand the size of the tank - I had assumed they were all the same. But the range has been consistently around 10k from when I'd driven it for a few days. From memory when new I think it said 9k - though this might be bad recall.

Does the discrepancy with yours perhaps have something to do with the conditions under which the car's being driven? Most of my journeys are rural, so I'm not stuck in traffic often. If yours is 4x4 I guess this makes a difference too.

Edited by The Wanderer
Bad English ;-)

The range variation may have nothing to do with the tank size but instead the coding of the vehicle.  Before my car's adblue errors and new software I used to have an adblue range display going to 8 - 9K  now  I think 7K is the maximum value I've seen.  I have no idea if the difference is due to a re-coding of the amount injected or a recalibration of the level sensor to ensure the engine is "locked" before the tank runs dry. 

AFAIK sunlight is the primary cause of adblue breaking down.  Yara (claim to be the world's biggest adblue manufacturer) say:

"If buying packaged AdBlue we will deliver AdBlue to you in sealed packs. If the storage instructions are followed, then AdBlue can be stored for up to a year. If you need to store AdBlue for longer or in difficult conditions, eg a combine harvester then it is best to drain the AdBlue first or to analyse the AdBlue to ensure it remains within the specification needed.

And another bit of info

"It is possible for AdBlue to freeze at -11°C, so it is important that you use a storage area that is not below this temperature. If AdBlue has frozen, it can be reused when it has thawed as it will return to its original state."