My latest Mk1 vRS Octavia

cormac81

I had no intention of buying another car as I was very happy with the black vRS but this local example came up in Rally Red with a genuine 47k and I couldn’t refuse. My third vRS Mk1 in 9 months!

I gave it a light detail today, replaced the centre boot badge and wheel centre caps.

I have it booked into have the rear spoiler ( common fading issue) and the front bumper redone due to a few kerb scrapes. Its also booked to go in for a full service including the oil pick up pipe.

Future plans are a wheel refurb and tidy things as I go.

20170620_132905.jpg

20170620_132943.jpg

20170620_133011.jpg

20170620_133245.jpg

Edited by cormac81
  • Like 4

Cheers lads, its in at the minute getting the front bumper done. I also bought a new genuine bumper moulding so everything is A1 at the front.

Edited by cormac81

I need to get my rear resprayed...bumper that is! There's sign of a low speed impact leading to some stress cracks developing. Where did you get your new bumper mouldings please? I could do with replacing mine - front and rear.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:23, MarlboroLites said:

I need to get my rear resprayed...bumper that is! There's sign of a low speed impact leading to some stress cracks developing. Where did you get your new bumper mouldings please? I could do with replacing mine - front and rear.

Got it from my dealer for £44

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MarlboroLites said:

Reasonable prices from 'stealers'?? What's the world coming to....

I know a lot cheaper than many on ebay.

Got the car back with the bumper redone and the moulding fitted. The dealer actually ordered the wrong one and it worked a few pound dearer but hey ho.

Fitting new genuine front indicators today and I will get some pictures.

It's worth checking prices with dealers before an eBay purchase I'll sure. I found the same when restoring a Corrado a while back. For routine mechanical / service items across shared VAG platforms pricing was very competitive. 

My front indicators were in poor shape when I bought mine. Quite opaque with lots of ingrained crud around the edges. I power washed them to remove the crud then flattened them with 3000 wet and dry and a final polish with meguiars srp saw a 100% improvement. Not new but good enough for me. 

Looking forward to more pictures. Red is a great colour on these cars!

• Like 1

Got the car back last week from the painter after getting the bumper redone but only got time today to clean it up.

I have fitted new genuine front indicators and bumper moulding. A new chrome grille surround and badges are now on my wish list.

Removed the phone cradle that was thankfully on a brodit kit and was bolted via the climate control unit. So all removed with no trim damage. Result.

I also fixed the cd changer with a quick blast of the air line. Was delighted to see I had an unused spare alloy in there too.

The car needs a proper buff especially the bonnet but all in good time.

20170713_142524.jpg

20170713_142404.jpg

20170713_142340.jpg

20170713_142313.jpg

20170713_142300.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

That looks incredible. 

Christ I want a mk1! Really need to do it before the prices start creeping up. Don't know if I want a rough and ready one to thrash to death or a really nice one like yours. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally got the wheels refurbed on the old girl this week. My OCD is getting a bit silly and bought genuine wheel bolt covers to fit on them but they did work out well.

20180501_132233.jpg 20180501_185814.jpg

A few pics last night in the rain. 20180501_193242.jpg 20180501_193328.jpg 20180501_193354.jpg
Obligatory MOT shot, passed with no problems. Always good to get a tester into cars. 20180501_195819.jpg

Next up is to swap the secondary air pump and source a boost leak. The S bend under the manifold will be my first port of call having had to replace them before.

I really would like a nice cat back but I have been so hard trying to keep it original. So the jury is out on that one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah looking like a keeper at the moment.

Not much of an update as the car looks exactly the same. The lower part of the front bumper got a bad kerb scuff and ended up getting the whole bumper redone again.

Currently sourcing a pair of new genuine headlights to freshen up the front even more. Have sourced a passenger side one so far. Then it will be giving the calipers a fresh lick of Skoda rally green.

20180616_090455.jpg

20180617_103441.jpg

20180617_103458.jpg

20180617_103534.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
40 minutes ago, cormac81 said:

Well after stupidly selling this car 15 months ago, its now back in my poccession..

What happened there then? *popcorn* 

• Like 1