Access Through Firewall!?!?

Hi.. Sorry if this is in the archives but I haven't been active on here for a while..

So has anyone a definitive guide to gaining access through firewall from engine bay into cabin of a 2011 Skoda Octavia Hatchback?

I have a lovely set of fogs and a BEAUTIFUL shining switch that I have ready to go into my YOKE for over a year now and with this lovely weather am buzzin round and doing my ever waiting projects :tongueout:

Anyway pics, videos, details details details would be appreciated............

Thanks lads and lassies B)

LOVE BRISKODA :dance:

I believe there's a gromit somewhere behind the glove box area through which a wire can be fed.  

• Like 2

You can check the wiring for air quility sensor which went through the firewall from the engine bay. It's somewhere behind the glovebox as Sarge said, but since the aircon compressor(I thought) is also located behind the glove box, you won't see the wiring unless you remove the compressor. 

I was told there's a simillar wiring position on the driver's side for front parking aid or headlight, but I don't know where.

A third option is to follow the hood lock sensor and cable which goes into the cabin from engine bay as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOSDylan said:

You can check the wiring for air quility sensor which went through the firewall from the engine bay. It's somewhere behind the glovebox as Sarge said, but since the aircon compressor(I thought) is also located behind the glove box, you won't see the wiring unless you remove the compressor. 

I was told there's a simillar wiring position on the driver's side for front parking aid or headlight, but I don't know where.

A third option is to follow the hood lock sensor and cable which goes into the cabin from engine bay as well.

The compressor is bolted to the engine as it's driven by the auxcillery belt, it's the fan motor that is behind the glovebox, they are quite easy to remove but don't know how much more room this will give you to see the grommet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ju1ian1001 said:

The compressor is bolted to the engine as it's driven by the auxcillery belt, it's the fan motor that is behind the glovebox, they are quite easy to remove but don't know how much more room this will give you to see the grommet.

Sorry, I meant fan motor, just my English is not good and didn't know how to say that :-(

I haven't tried to remove the fan motor, so I don't know if the grommet could be seen.

• Like 1