Indicator audible signal not sounding

Trevor M

Hi all. I have recently noticed there is no audible 'tick' when my direction indicators are operating. I am not 100% sure they ever did, but as I have forgotten to cancel them a couple of times recently, I assume they once did, and this was a contributing factor in my failure to turn the indicators off (old age could be another factor!) I have been through the Maxidot menus and found nothing helpful (could have missed it,) and wondered if it is something which can be set using VCDS.

If anyone out there has had a similar problem and found a resolution, I would be grateful if you could let me know; also, other suggested remedies would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,  Trevor M

Thanks for the replies so far. In response to '137699,' yes, I do wear the seatbelt, so that is not the problem, although the mute function you mention could be incorrectly activated I suppose. James, I do not think I would pay for a dash panel as it is something I can live with, although a sounder repair may be viable if that is the fault.

Thanks again for the replies; any further suggestions also welcomed. Trevor M

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:15, 137699 said:

Do you wear your seatbelt? May seem like an odd question but the indicator "tick" is muted on mine when my seatbelt isn't fastened.

I just had to try mine! 

No obvious seatbelt mute function...

• Like 2

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:24, Robjon said:

I just had to try mine! 

No obvious seatbelt mute function...

It mutes the indicator to instead replace it with the "seatbelt not fastened" chimes.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:34, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

They use the same sounder so it can only emit one sound at once.

2 hours ago, 137699 said:

It mutes the indicator to instead replace it with the "seatbelt not fastened" chimes.

Aha!  Mine does not have an audible warning for "seatbelt not fastened"; it has only a visual warning.

Which explains why the indicator tick on mine is not muted when my seatbelt isn't fastened.

Who drives around with the seatbelt not fastened with the warning sounding complaining they cannot hear the indicator audible ticking?

6 hours ago, Robjon said:

Aha!  Mine does not have an audible warning for "seatbelt not fastened"; it has only a visual warning.

Which explains why the indicator tick on mine is not muted when my seatbelt isn't fastened.

The audible warning is only if you drive off with no seatbelt done up.