Delivery tips

Ordered a 4x4 280PS estate in petrol blue - L&K trim with smart light assist and crew protect/rear side airbags as extras.

Ordered via AutoeBid - saving about 20% off list price. 

Supplier was estimating September/October delivery but heard today that it's on the way to the UK now (only about 6 weeks post order!!!)

The car will be delivered on a truck and my old one taken away as PX.

Given that I expect the driver won't want to hang around for too long does anyone have any tips about what to look out for - apart from the obvious marks etc.

I am not a car expert in any way but am looking forward to a nice new car. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Check that the standard extras are there...

2 brollies - like the one in your elegance but now located in both of the front doors.

Ice Scraper inside the petrol cap.

Torch in the boot (same as your Elegance). Remove it to ensure the holder hasn't been damaged.

Load retainers (located on the inside of the nearside boot cubbyhole door).

Netting (usually in a plastic bag either in the boot, in the offside boot compartment or under the boot floor).

3 keys. One chrome tipped and two plain black plastic.

Use the torch to check under the arches that the transit suspension chocks have been removed (usually pink or blue plastic). Amazing how often these have been overlooked in PDI and led to complaints of a harsh ride.

For your optional extras...

Turn the lights on to dipped beam and check that the LED strips illuminate. This will be a quick confirmation that Smart Light Assist is installed. You can also go into the infotainment menu Car > Settings > Lights, and should see Dynamic Light Assist as a switchable option.

Crew Protect can be confirmed by going into the infotainment menu Car > Settings > Driver Assistance, where Proactive Occupant Protection should appear as a switchable option.

No doubt others will be along to add things I've overlooked.

Congratulations on a great choice of car! You'll love it. I too went 280 from an Amethyst Purple estate.

Edited by BillyJim
  • Like 1

Make sure the tool is in the boot to remove the plastic caps off the wheel nuts.

Edited by skidpan
  • Like 1

Might sound strange on a new car but check that everything works electrically (which most of the car is now).  I've seen switches not being connected up before.  As mentioned above the suspension blocks should be top of the list.  Far too serious to risk driving around with those and potentially losing control of your car.  All the best with the new Superb!

Edited by Superb170

It's nearly here!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Message received today that the vehicle has arrived and delivery now scheduled for 2 weeks today as I have a day off then.

Its going to be a long 2 weeks!

• Like 1

Same, loving my 280 L & K combi but in quartz grey.  Enjoy the car:)

Make sure the car has the mats, mine were in the boot when I first saw the car at the dealership, obviously fitted when I collect the machine.  ;)

Make sure the buggers get no where near it with a sponge ! Tell them to leave all the protective travel protection on inside and out.... Sounds extreme but ....

I made the mistake of not doing that and mine will need a £400 paint correction at some point...

My matts were just dumped in the boot.... oh that was on pickup though lol ! That's all I'll say because I've posted about it before ...