Water peeing in to foot well

Nobbi1977

My L&k is about a month old. Yeasterday I noticed the foot well is soaked and there is water running from under the dash.

Water is clean and clear so I expect it is from the aircon. Anyone else had this issue?

There was a period of manufacture in the past when the footwell would collect water due to the sun roof drain tube running down behind the the A Pillar trim having been clamped too tightly or been twisted. A poorly trained operative over tightening the cable tie?

Somewhere here or on YOC there is a description of how you can check if it's a tube issue, without having to remove the trim.

Something like pouring a small amount of water into the sunroof top front corner drain hole and see if it exits into or outside the car. 

A past sufferer or someone with a better memory of old postings may be of more help to you, but good luck. 

Better that it's an issue now than in the middle of winter!

Edited by Bexhillian
Grammar and syntax

Not had a lot of rain in the last couple of days but I have been opening the roof a lot. I never wash the car so it is unlikely to be from a hose :-p

Will get dealer involved tomorrow and see what they say

Dealer is very busy and cannot book car in for two weeks. To say I am not happy is an understatement. 

I am am not expecting next day service but on a 6 week old car I would be expecting them to look at in a couple of days and then fixing it a couple later.

First ever issue with a new car and Skoda has failed at the first hurdle 

Best dry it out, then put in news paper or paper towels and see if you can find where the H20 is coming in while someone plays a hose on the car, 

that is all the Dealership will be doing.

They are so so very busy looking after customers that are being called in to get 'The Fix' done on their vehicles to accommodate customers with a Warranty Issue.

I would suggest leaving the car while they get it under cover and supply a courtesy car, maybe the Principal Dealers perk / car.

He or She can look for the leak on your car.

Better result than water ingress on a brand new car I suppose as long as it's repaired asap,good job it's been hot and the fault produced itself this quick.