Temp and also fuel gauge

Hi all just a couple of questions,

To start with my car is a 2008 Pre facelift Skoda Octavia VRS with the DPF removed and mapped (if that is needed)

I think my external temperature sensor is faulty but the weird thing is when it hits -35 to -40 brrrrr its cold in summer my fuel gauge decides to turn off!!!!! could this be connected by any chance or do I have a problem with my fuel sensors too? 

Any advise would be appreciated on fixing these problems as cheap as possible :)

Many thanks all

Tom.

I have the same - fuel gauge went first, sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. About a week ago, the external air temperature sensor began to act up. Car's booked into my local indie next week for service and diag anyway so will wait to see what the outcome is.

got exactly the same problem, also my dpf light comes on occasionally. the fuel gauge seems bizarrely related to outside temperature, colder days it is more reliable. i have changed the fuel pump assy, based on an error code and some research, which made no difference, indeed the new pump failed and i'm back on the old one. the temp sensor hasn't played up for a while now. fuel gauge is still random.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add, my car had both the fuel sender unit and the external temperature sensor replaced. 70 kilometers later the fuel gauge dropped to empty and the temperature reading fell from 23 to 11. It works OK again after restarting but it seems that despite replacing the parts mentioned the problem is elsewhere. I'll need to put more miles on the car to see if there's any particular trigger for this problem.