1.2tsi performance upgrades...

Hello everyone,

Thanks for having a read... I'm wondering what performance upgrades there are for the 1.2TSI (105) engine.

I've been thinking of a remap, looked at REVO, Superchips and a local tuner. My local guy will do a dyno before and after and is £275... Revo are £399 plus VAT and superchips don't seem worth it for the gain (plus you don't get any print outs).

Back in the day the 'boy' racers would strap on K&N filters and exhausts. I've been put off K&N filters especially as the oem ones are so cheap and there is no oil to end up on sensors. So was wondering if there are any exhausts and what benefits there are (I've been told you need to get the back pressure right!)

I've also heard that an intercooler might help?

Any other ideas...?

I think adjustable top mounts will be on my list of things to get with my tracking being all over the place!

http://goapr.co.uk 

Go with what works, but do not look at figures where they say on 98 octane if you run 95 or 97 super unleaded since nobody sells 98 Super in the UK.

There is no secret to how much extra bhp you can get with Stage 1, maybe avoid REVO though, and get a Dyno before and after.

So maybe get your remap, run Tesco Momentum 99, 99 ron min which will cost only £2.25 a tank fill extra or you have Shell V-Power Nitro+ costing maybe 

£5 a tank extra over 95 ron or Sainburys Super Unleaded 97 ron

11 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

http://goapr.co.uk 

Go with what works, but do not look at figures where they say on 98 octane if you run 95 or 97 super unleaded since nobody sells 98 Super in the UK.

There is no secret to how much extra bhp you can get with Stage 1, maybe avoid REVO though, and get a Dyno before and after.

So maybe get your remap, run Tesco Momentum 99, 99 ron min which will cost only £2.25 a tank fill extra or you have Shell V-Power Nitro+ costing maybe 

£5 a tank extra over 95 ron or Sainburys Super Unleaded 97 ron

Usually put Tesco momentum in...