Cone filter size

Hi. I'm looking to get a cone filter to directly replace my original air filter. Just wondering what size I need. I was thinking it's a 85mm but I'm not entirely sure. Thanks for your help :)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clearance-Performance-Cone-Air-Filter-Green-For-3-Intake-Induction-Kit-81942-/152631030372?hash=item238984b264%3Ag%3AODAAAOSwdhJZcF36&_trkparms=pageci%3Acda42b37-7067-11e7-b8bd-74dbd180d9a8%7Cparentrq%3A7479173115d0a99b932966dcfff9d0bd%7Ciid%3A13

Yeah from the VNT system, an enclosed system is best really and you still get some induction roar, not as good as wastegate fluttering though!

Make sure to choose a branded one and preferable a paper cone filter for filtration.  Like I said, its a Marmite topic lol

• Thanks 1

Haha thanks mate. Might just stick with the panel filter. I have heard a few cone filter on fabias and they do have a good induction sound haha but obvs no real performance gains I believe?. Thanks again .

See what Kens getting at  ^^^ 

When I put a Branded open cone on mine after all Modifications were done and custom map completed I was shocked at how much power I could feel drained away. 

Even with loads of cold air feed,  the car was chucking more smoke to. Went back to my Enclosed system which is sealed up to where it draws air from the original grill opening and the difference was immediate again.

I changed purely for cosmetic appearance and also because I knew I would not lose power and be sorted for if I had the boost increased  to run 230bhp. But even at that a panel filter and original airbox with pd160 intake pipe would cope.

Question has been asked thousands of times and to finalise In my opinion its not a case of "No real performance gains " and more a case of "How much power you could lose" and " how much poorer is filtration" as even K&N will let particles through to cause premature turbo wear when compared to paper element and thats if it hasnt coated your Air Mass Meter with filtration oil and thrown EML on the dash.

Marmite :biggrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info :) I think I'll be sticking with my original box or getting a pd160. After hearing this it really does seem like a waste of time and money haha with 0 performance gains and possible turbo sensor issues. Ill just save to get a remap instead. Thanks again guys.

6 minutes ago, JackGilly said:

Thanks for the info :) I think I'll be sticking with my original box or getting a pd160. After hearing this it really does seem like a waste of time and money haha with 0 performance gains and possible turbo sensor issues. Ill just save to get a remap instead. Thanks again guys.

PD160 intake does absolutely nothing either, there was time a while back when everyone on here who'd bought one was selling it for twice what they'd paid for it because SEAT had increased the price so much.

Just get the remap and be done with it, it's all you actually need.

• Thanks 1