yellow abs light on dash

plymvrs

Assuming you mean on a Mk1 Fabia, at least 9 times out of 10 this is down to a cracked strip fuse in the fuseholder above the battery. Have a read here:

Edited by Wino
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2017 at 21:40, Wino said:

Assuming you mean on a Mk1 Fabia, at least 9 times out of 10 this is down to a cracked strip fuse in the fuseholder above the battery. Have a read here:

hi bud. is there any chance u could do a pic from further away so i can work out where i should be looking? got the fuse on order from local skoda dealer.

thanks mate

Just now, Wino said:

Bit of a blurry one:

20170128_144356.jpg

which is the abs fuse? is it one of those metal things with the wires at the end? if so which one is it? can u draw a arrow or summat? thanks in anticiaption? do i need to disconnect battery first when fitting? and will light on dash go out, or does it need to be reset?

On your car it's strip fuse no. 6, (they're numbered 1-6, left to right as you look at them from the front of the car) the one with the orange ring round it in my earlier post.  Red/green wire going to the front end of it. No need to disconnect battery.

If it was a broken fuse, the fault light will go shortly after you drive off after fitting the new fuse.

wino, just a message to say it was the fuse!  I replaced it and once i started moving heard a clunk, the abs pump kicked in and light went out. Thank you so much for your help! one very happy fabia owner! :kiss:

• Like 1