Exhaust

J306TD

1 minute ago, samuir1974 said:

Nice work James~!!!

Be good to share products used and technique etc.

Used Autosol spread on with an old short pile microfibre. Followed by some 0000 wire wool. Finished off with another old shortpile microfibre to give it a shine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J306TD said:

Used Autosol spread on with an old short pile microfibre. Followed by some 0000 wire wool. Finished off with another old shortpile microfibre to give it a shine

Nice - pretty much how i would approach it; although finishing polish with drill attached polishing cone comes up great too!

Just now, samuir1974 said:

Nice - pretty much how i would approach it; although finishing polish with drill attached polishing cone comes up great too!

That might happen next time. Need to rebuild bank funds after getting the car haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J306TD said:

That might happen next time. Need to rebuild bank funds after getting the car haha

hahaha - looks like a nice purchase buddy!

I'm very happy with my move to BMW power :)

You starting a project thread on Briskoda or not?

I got fed up that despite having my car properly valeted a few times nobody was touching the exhaust tail pipes so after putting up with it for a year I decided to clean tem my self ....

I found that a decent wheel cleaner removed the worst of the muck and I scrubbed them with autosol metal polish using one of those metalised non scratch scouring pads and whilst it's never going to be perfect, they're too badly pitted, they do look a whole let better and I clean them now after every wash.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, valvedoctor46 said:

Is this a trade secret Sheffield. Never heard of this approach before.

Haha not quite.  My old Mini turbo would bake soot onto the exhaust and I couldn't be arsed with Autosol everytime I wanted a shiny exhaust and didn't want to use wire wool or similar on a new stainless exhaust.  Thought to myself if DOT 3 can remove paint then it must work on soot.  Couple of drops on a piece of kitchen roll and quick wipe and it was spotless.  Took all of 15 seconds.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SheffieldVRS said:

Haha not quite.  My old Mini turbo would bake soot onto the exhaust and I couldn't be arsed with Autosol everytime I wanted a shiny exhaust and didn't want to use wire wool or similar on a new stainless exhaust.  Thought to myself if DOT 3 can remove paint then it must work on soot.  Couple of drops on a piece of kitchen roll and quick wipe and it was spotless.  Took all of 15 seconds.

Nice one Sheffield, I'll dig out my Dot 3 :)

• Like 1