Picked my new better half up yesterday!

So yesterday was a long day by anyones standards! Standing in chester central at 0700 waiting for the train to take me down to Torquay to pick the new motor up (superb limo cr170)! Mrs thinks i must be mad! After 5 and a half hours of trying to find a seat i could sit in without someone claiming they had booked it i arrived in teignmouth, severe case of the coffe shakes and pins and needles ensued as i departed said train. Walked into the car park to be greeted by skoddy herself, instantly knew i had made a good decision she is absolutely mint! All wheels have had a refurb, paintwork is spotless apart from a few little light scratches but nothing major and the interior is also mint! Having only done 23000 i woulnt expect anything else though really! After doing all paperwork it was time to head back up north! A journey my phone nav told me would take 4 and a hald hours ended up taking the best part of 7! Absolutely horrendous never driven in traffic like it, but it was a dream to drive could not fault her at all driving position spot,on plenty of adjustment in the electric seats. I read that some people think its underpowered but i found more than enough power whenever i needed it. Smooth quiet and pulls in every gear so different to my mk1 octy vrs. So as the m5 was at a standstill i had a scenic drive over the severn bridge into south wales and drove up through hereford, shrewsbury then home! Only used a quarter of a tank to get me home, i cant fault her hopefully she continues to impress! Anyway im going to finish my breakfast and head to demon tweeks to see what goodies we can get, :biggrin: hwyl fawr

• Like 2

Use the M5 on a school holiday Saturday day time !! Are you completely bonkers ??

seriously it's one of the ' nightmare  journeys ' my brother lives in east Devon he knows we won't be visiting this time of the year on a weekend daytime ( mid week evening through to the early hours it's like being on a different road though )

still as you now know there are loads of worse cars you could have been sat in, glad the journey didn't spoil the buying experience 

• 2 weeks later...

The family and I just got back to Denmark from a week + day trip to Bath, Torquay, and Southampton. Those roundabouts you have over there are terrible for traffic. 

But  Teignmouth and Bath we're fantastic! 

Hope you had had a nice journey in your new B! 

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 08:29, bumdiddlymchine said:

I read that some people think its underpowered but i found more than enough power whenever i needed it.

I definitely wouldn't have said that about a CR170.  I never found mine lacking for sure.  Looks greats BTW, all the best with it!

On 06/08/2017 at 08:29, bumdiddlymchine said:

Anyway im going to finish my breakfast and head to demon tweeks to see what goodies we can get, :biggrin: hwyl fawr

So what did you get from Demon Tweaks...? :)