Skoda fun milage issue and central locking

Hi there,

been driving my skoda and suddenly the millage clock sometimes stops and starts working but the speedo works fine, justwondering if anyone knows what this could be.

also I'm hoping to fit a central locking kit to my fun and wondering if anyone else has done this and any tips

thanks

Central locking:

As with most of these jobs, it's mainly time and patience. When I did the central-locking on my truck, the worst part was running the wires through the rubber duct between the car and the door. If you've got the OE kit, then it's quite easy really. *IF* yuo can find one, there was a remote kit for the central locking too, fortunately, it happily bolts on afterwards, so it's not a job that needs to be done as the locking.  If you've got OE, I think I've stilll got the scans of the install manual somewhere.

If you're running cables through the rubber duct, might be an idea to leaver a draw-line for pulling future lines through.....you can get electric windows, and electric mirrors too. ;)

12 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

suddenly the millage clock sometimes stops and starts working but the speedo works fine

The "millage clock" (also known as mileage counter or odometer) stops working randomly due to a sprocket that slipped sideways.

gekGG0F.jpg

px7PuAi.jpg

Thanks fixed that issu now having a pain in the back side trying to close the dash up with the speedo cable attached any tips or tricks just can't pull the clocks out enough to click it into the housing

image.jpg

Do it from the other end.......unscrew the cable from the gearbox (make sure the gear doesn't drop off the end) pull clocks out, push the cable into the clocks, refit everything and the reconnect the cable to the gearbox. Access to the cable on the gearbox is dead easy too.

Sounds like a big faff, but isn't really and does save a lot of time, swearing, nicks to your hands etc etc.

23 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

how do you make sure the gear don't drop off

There isn't a special technique. See detail photo to know what you're dealing with.

aJvnxtF.jpg

14 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

Right so this morning and I wake up and suddenly the drivers foot well is all wet (presume from the rain) what could this be didn't happen before I fixed the millage

Water has seeped inside for years due to an old windscreen seal (common problem, lots of topics). The foam under the dash managed to suck the excess until now when you disturbed the foam. You need a new windscreen seal and probably a few minor corrosion repairs on one or both bottom corners of the windscreen. Have some water/heat resistant silicone handy too.

Cheers dude some reason the water has vanished like magic #weird a the foam is near enough Dry even though it still raining and I'm presuming the white thing is on the end of the metal rod thing with that other part on top (I'm new to it all)

Since when do you own the car?

4 minutes ago, Trapstar18 said:

I'm presuming the white thing is on the end of the metal rod thing with that other part on top (I'm new to it all)

Speedo drive removed from gearbox.

SEOEtex.jpg

Cheers dude got the car 27th July trying to get it near original state but adding afew little things (central locking, better radio but keeping original with asset) and just fixing up the body work

22 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

got the car 27th July

Well then the previous owner 'forgot' to tell you the windscreen seal is bad. The first heavy rain made you aware of the issue.

6 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

Anyone know wat this mysterious green connected is thanks

It is the rear window heater connector for hatchback Felicia.

17 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

Anyone know wat this mysterious green connected is thanks 

image.jpg

If you end up with a Truckman top, you'll find that they mist up quite nicely in winter, and take ages to clear. I had plans to install a fan heater in the back, and connect it to this switch (switches are quite cheap), so you'd be able to clear the rear by pushing a proper rear window clearing switch. ;)

If I recall, the connector is part of the connection block down behind the passenger kick panel. There's the connectors for the rear speakers in there too. I installed a pair into the removable panels in the sides in the loadspace (the ones at the back)......worked quite well with the hard-top on. ;)

Essentially, from the b-pillar forwards, the truck and the car are identical.

10 hours ago, Trapstar18 said:

Cheers

If you liked any of my previous replies, please click the heart icon on the bottom right side.