1.5 available with DSG

I see the 1.5 engine TSi is now available with the DSG gearbox.

I think I will see tomorrow if I can upgrade my order as I think Skoda will drop the 1.4 TSi when stocks run out.

2 hours ago, YMe said:

I see the 1.5 engine TSi is now available with the DSG gearbox.

I think I will see tomorrow if I can upgrade my order as I think Skoda will drop the 1.4 TSi when stocks run out.

Hmmmm. whats that gonna do to your BW?

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmmm. whats that gonna do to your BW?

BW?

3 hours ago, glosrich said:

I mentioned it when you said you had ordered a 1.4. 

I'd be wanting a 1.5 if I was buying now.

Oh! Yes build week. Don't really care, I'll change it if I can as my build week is currently 37. Not too l;ate is it?

Would have ordered a 1.5 DSG if it had been available week 31 when I ordered,

Edited by YMe

Amended order today and (fingers crossed) at the moment, build week is still at week 37.

Didn't know 'til using the car configurator last night that if you spec. the 1.5TSi engine you get a rear spoiler, if you spec. the 1.4TSi you don't. Where's the logic in that?

I asked what it would be likely I would get, the spoiler or not and the dealer doesn't know. Can't say I am bothered one way or the other.

Changed my spec on a whole load of goodies too and all accepted. Now I will have a 1.5TSi DSG Hatch in race blue with a fitted tow-bar, space saver spare wheel, LED rear lights (high functionality), chrome window trim, interior light pack, heated steering wheel, heated front seats, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control with speed limiter, remote rear backrest release. rear view camera, Columbus SatNav and cornering front fogs - could have done the latter myself but what the hell!!!

29 minutes ago, spinnaker said:

It doesn't seem to show any difference in the picture in the car configurator for me?

It didn't to me either but when I compared my then ordered 1.4TSi with the 1.5TSi and did a side by side comparison in the configurator the spec showed

1.4TSi Rear Spoiler - No rear spoiler. next to 1.5TSi Rear Spoiler  With rear spoiler.

Edited by YMe

That link doesn't seem to work for me. The configurator tells me there is an error.

does it show differently in the picture or just list a spoiler in the full list of features?

I'm sticking with my 1.4 TSI as the build week is under 2 weeks away. I'd also be hesitant to be an early adopter for a newly introduced engine. I test drove the 1.4 and was happy with it and it is reliable and well established in this model of car. I did give switching a little thought though!

Sorry the link logs out when I log out so have amended the thread.

I think the 1.5TSi has ACT - I don't think the 1.4TSi has this but I'm not sure - (others on here will know more about this than me) - more worrying neither are Skoda sure of what they are doing either as their public configurator shows a 1.5TSi DSG but the dealer's version of this doesn't yet.

Just had a phone call from the dealer and engine change to my spec. has been confirmed but pushed the BW to 40 (first week of October). Not too bad but still rubbish. What's the French for c'est la vie?

I'm afraid I can't answer this but I am sure there will be someone along soon who can.

From the little I can glean it does seem to be that DSG engines don't have ACT but I don't know the transmission spec. other than presume it is the 7 speed DSG as in the 1.4TSi now.

I don't imagine a major change like a gearbox type would come in mid way through a models third generation first face-lift phase - would it?  :o

31 minutes ago, spinnaker said:

...........does it show differently in the picture or just list a spoiler in the full list of features?

It's in a list

Picture shows a what looks like a raised lip on the tailgate (they may all be like this) I don't think we are talking VRs type spoiler here.

Upon further inspection this may just be poor quality photography in the view your car summary.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-08-11 at 16:38, ccosmin said:

1.4 doesn't have ACT for sure, but i'm curios if there is any difference in the DSG transmission.  If it's more reliable, different version, or it's still the same old DQ200?

Hi, has anyone been able to find any info on this, if the DSG fitted with 1.5 TSI EVO/ACT is the dry clutch DQ200 or not?

I debated between 1.4 & 1.5 when I ordered last week.  However, not only did the 1.5 cost more, the GFV was actually £800 less than the 1.4 so in reality it could cost over £1k more! The MPG benefits were minimal too.  I guess if a company car the BIK difference may justify a 1.5, but as a private buyer it made no sense.

• Like 1

Yup! That's me. Buying as a keeper and am also buying the extended manufacturers warranty so the GFV is of no consequence.

I can't see the 1.4 being sold alongside the 1.5 fort long. What would be the point?

On 2017-09-28 at 20:28, HaggeJr said:

Hi, has anyone been able to find any info on this, if the DSG fitted with 1.5 TSI EVO/ACT is the dry clutch DQ200 or not?

I'll answer myself here... got a response from a local Skoda dealer here in Sweden and he confirmed that the DSG fitted with the 1.5 TSI/EVO is (unfortunately) the DQ200.

That's  prob a deal breaker for me, too bad because the new engine looked promising and I had my mind set on a Octavia...

Edited by HaggeJr