320hp vRS?? How's it done?

So this video is claiming a stage 3, 320hp vRS. I assume past stage 2 (and even getting to stage 2) things start getting reeeeeeeal expensive. What is the process for extracting so much power from such a small engine?

14 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

"Claiming" was aimed more at the 320hp, seems like a lot of power for such an engine!

Cheers for the link though, some interesting reading in there, too bad about all the pictures though.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what is the question here. Pretty "standard" mods for stage 2+ twinchargers in markets where they are very popular like Greece and Turkey, several exist there that push more than 300bhp AFAIK. The main item is a hybridized turbo (several ways to get there depending on tuner/mechanic) with supporting mods most of which are mentioned in the OP's video details (TBE, FMIC, water-meth etc.)  Roughly between 4K (at best) and 8K I'd say for the entire setup but that varies a lot between items of different brands and more importantly different labour costs (much lower over there). Such cars are not the strongest twinchargers either. There are also proper big turbo setups close to 400bhp.

But as I said, it's mostly those countries that development has progressed so far mainly out of bug market demand for these engines. It'd be hard and not practical (although not impossible) for a UK car to run the setups of a tuning company so far away.

Edited by newbie69