Skoda Assistance Cover With Service?

grmtylr

I'm sure I've read somewhere that when you get your Skoda servcied by a main dealer you get Skoda Breakdown Assistance for 12 months from the date of the service but I can't find any reference to it online.

Is this still the case?

If this is still in place, does anyone know if the breakdown cover passes over to the new owner if the car is sold after it's been serviced?

16 minutes ago, Robjon said:

^^^As above^^^

As I understand it, there is 12 months' warranty on parts fitted during servicing, but the warranty does not include Skoda Assist.

I think the parts fitted on a service, providing there OE parts the guarantee  is 2 years parts and labour. Any parts fitted under warranty are only covererd up to the length of the original warranty period, i.e.:- new wheel after 2 years 6 months the wheel only has 6 months cover unless you make a contribution to the cost then it's 2 years.

• Like 2

There is an offer that Skoda UK sends out to some on the Skoda UK system with Service Plans, Extended Warranties & Roadside Assistance.

Sometimes when a Skoda Approved Used Car was purchased and that cover is expiring or when a Skoda Approved Warranty was purchased and is expiring.

Not received one in the past year though.

i've not heard of skoda doing this, but Ford do.  I guess it's an incentive to keep people in the ford dealer network and it probably does not cost much to do as it's mainly paid for with new car owners in the cost of their car.