Stage 1 Remap 2008 VRS?

I'm looking to apply a stage 1 remap to my petrol VRS with 75k on the clock, is there anything I need to do to make sure all goes smoothly?

It'll be getting a full service and a cam belt change beforehand too, any other recommendations please?

Similar setup to mine, I would ensure you are now running on 5w40 oil (better for mildy tuned engines)- I use VW Quantum

Bare minimum I would also have your DV checked, and the PCV too

If you want to push the boat out even more, an inlet valve decarbon would ensure you're getting maximum power with your setup.

Myself personally, I have done all the above plus fitted the NGK Iridum plugs, Audi R8 coilpacks and removed the pre-cat

Hope this helps :-)

• Like 1

Got upgrade on my car Now hitted 100k km

be aware about your clutch.

mine started to slip after 7000km so rather upgrade the clutch AS Well. Got IT from Sachs performance. Almost 600€ and worth IT! Terrible standard clutch on VRS. 

• Like 1

My clutch started slipping on the way home after my map then I developed a missfire day later. Then.dv valve went. Was over a month after the map I actually got to experience the map properly 

Edited by mikejay
  • Sad 1