Possible new car

99% sure it will be, the wheel centre badges possibly give tge game away. If you do a search in the MkII forum on DPF DMF etc I am sure that the usual niggles/issues will come to light. If it's been serviced regularly I am sure it will be a great car. 

9 minutes ago, Redboy said:

99% sure it will be, the wheel centre badges possibly give tge game away. If you do a search in the MkII forum on DPF DMF etc I am sure that the usual niggles/issues will come to light. If it's been serviced regularly I am sure it will be a great car. 

Thanks Redboy - I've never had a tdi before - what are the usual dpf/dmf niggles/issues? Is there a way of identifying these during a test drive? What do the wheel centre badges give away? The mods are only cosmetic but I like them, subtle and well done.

Yh possibly as they say the wheel centres have been changed cause the skoda ones rot, the badges on back are black and the grill is black all the usual mods on the forum, still nice car with some nice extras, just needs Columbus Nav....

11 minutes ago, NinjaVRS said:

Yh possibly as they say the wheel centres have been changed cause the skoda ones rot, the badges on back are black and the grill is black all the usual mods on the forum, still nice car with some nice extras, just needs Columbus Nav....

Columbus Nav ??

just been reading a thread on DMF and have slight concerns now - woukd I be unlucky if this were to fail or are they common to go on these engines?

it states only 1 owner and the dealer says they were an enthusiast who looked after the car - probably sales pitch I know but ......?

definitely someone who has cared for it

tints, vrs seat inserts, new centre caps, blacked grill and rear badges etc

it has a lot of kit on it by the look of it, F+R sensors heated seats maxi dot, so for 5.5k seems cheap indeed.

as long as you're doing the correct mileage for a tdi then should be fine ( as long as the history /service etc) has been kept up to date and on top of. I would expect DMF to be worn by those miles do if not changed already 80+ then expect a change in the coming miles impossible to say how many. its a wear part so will go you can get it changed for about 700 if you ask about so not bad really

14 hours ago, Beetlejuice said:

Columbus Nav ??

just been reading a thread on DMF and have slight concerns now - woukd I be unlucky if this were to fail or are they common to go on these engines?

it states only 1 owner and the dealer says they were an enthusiast who looked after the car - probably sales pitch I know but ......?

Columbus is skodas factory head unit with built in sat nav.

Damn that's nice and a very good price too, 120k is high but it's probably motorway, I'd snap that up in a heartbeat, has all the things that most people would want and the seats look in great condition and heated too, maxidot, front and rear sensors, it fully loaded minus the columbus, buy it!!

The DMF will give a rattle on ideal, sounds like a spanner clanking, as said it's probably been done, just test the clutch with the handbrake on, at that price considering you will probably get it cheaper I'd still buy it even if I had to change the clutch and DMF.

7-8k a year you could go petrol but I do about about 8-10k a year and would still go diesel, love the punch and have seen 67mpg on a run indicated, mine averages high 40's actual.

The digital readout on the cluster, it controls the radio, gives info on mpg, speed, doors open and lots of other info.

Just check the service history, it says cambelt and water pump done also so that's a bonus!

Oh and check all the windows and doors work off the keyfob, if you hold unlock on the keyfob all the windows should go down and hold lock and they go up.

Edited by T2000

Thanks everyone for your comments. Been and viewed the car today. Test drove it and it all sounded great, no noises or rattles so no concerns about dmf, interior is virtually spotless, exterior has some stone chips but I expected that with 120k on it. Everything works as it should and belt/pump were both done circa 80k. Managed to get the price slightly lower so cash paid and the car is now mine - decent drive home (150 mile) with little traffic and even better hardly any fuel used 

I'm a happy bunny now 

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beetlejuice said:

Thanks everyone for your comments. Been and viewed the car today. Test drove it and it all sounded great, no noises or rattles so no concerns about dmf, interior is virtually spotless, exterior has some stone chips but I expected that with 120k on it. Everything works as it should and belt/pump were both done circa 80k. Managed to get the price slightly lower so cash paid and the car is now mine - decent drive home (150 mile) with little traffic and even better hardly any fuel used 

I'm a happy bunny now 

Damn good buy that, enjoy!

Thanks.

Would anyone happen to know the paint code so I can order a touch up pen? If not, I can wait until I get home to check on the service book/boot sticker.