Facelift Skoda Octavia Chrome Window Trim

Hi,

I have a Mk3 Octavia SE L on order, however didn't add the chrome window trim as normally not a fan of chrome (being in my 20's its not the thing to have haha), however I have since seen a few SE L with the trim and think it suits them very well and gives that executive look.

Any suggest anywhere I can purchase some other than the dealers?

I have looked on Super Skoda with no luck.

Thanks

Rob

9 minutes ago, Robfab said:

Hi,

I have a Mk3 Octavia SE L on order, however didn't add the chrome window trim as normally not a fan of chrome (being in my 20's its not the thing to have haha), however I have since seen a few SE L with the trim and think it suits them very well and gives that executive look.

Any suggest anywhere I can purchase some other than the dealers?

I have looked on Super Skoda with no luck.

Thanks

Rob

If it hasn't been built yet, ask the dealer to amend the order

Just now, TheOctaviator said:

If it hasn't been built yet, ask the dealer to amend the order

First thing I did but too late, as presuming it would of been the cheaper way to do it.

As I under stand it the chrome trim is attached to the rear side windows. Therefore you would need to cut these windows out to change the trim. 

I was planning to go the other way around because the black pack wasn't available in Denmark and I don't like chrome. But just seems to be too much hassle with risk of leaks afterwards. Might end up dipping my chrome black or wrapping the trim. But that doesn't help you as you want to convert it the other way. :-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oxboll said:

As I under stand it the chrome trim is attached to the rear side windows. Therefore you would need to cut these windows out to change the trim. 

I was planning to go the other way around because the black pack wasn't available in Denmark and I don't like chrome. But just seems to be too much hassle with risk of leaks afterwards. Might end up dipping my chrome black or wrapping the trim. But that doesn't help you as you want to convert it the other way. :-)

I think you might be correct, My thoughts is to have them wrapped, going to wait until it arrives and if I think it looks fine then so be it.