Flac? to flac 4

My Flac files are not being recognised by Columbus - I see that flac 4 is required, but how do I identify which flac level my files are and how do I change them?

Btw I can only see one sd slot - people mention 2?

I'm just wondering if you are getting confused with different versions of the Columbus as the standalone one has a single SD card and the newer ones have two in the glove box too. Only one is available for music though - SD2.

I'm not 100% sure if the earlier Columbus can read flac files either but no doubt someone will update with additional info. 

Which car is the Columbus fitted in? 

The later model Columbus (not yours) has 2 sd card slots. The later model also reads FLAC formats, while your earlier version with (as said) single sd card slot doesn't.

And the new version Columbus with 2 sd card slots plays FLAC files, on both sd card slots.

Edited by Rustynuts

OK - that saves me from messing with Fac files all day!

What about MDI input - should a 2014 L&K have this? I can't find it

yep just found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SKODA-SEAT-MDI-AMI-MULTIMEDIA-BOX-iPod-iPad-iPhone-5N0035342-5N0-035-342-/200657179966?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2eb819953e&clk_rvr_id=1294275043381&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true#ht_3868wt_1194

Car seems to be short of many extras that I thought were standard on an L&K - no under passanger seat tray, no rear blinds even!

1 minute ago, Rustynuts said:

That's the badger. Fairly simple glovebox install with that kit, but it'll need VCDS coding to work.

Oh dear.

yep - a large SD card is far cheaper. Good call.

Know if the 2014 L&K should have had the blinds? - can they be retro fitted?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 10:28, Rustynuts said:

But why not just stick all your music onto MP3 format 

Because it's not the late '90's any more? 

These days the AAC/M4A format is preferred. 

3 hours ago, TDIum said:

Because it's not the late '90's any more? 

These days the AAC/M4A format is preferred. 

Except if you're using a 1st generation Columbus that is. Because it supports mp3 alone. You're welcome to use any other format you want I guess, but I've a feeling it ain't gonna work...

Any idea how much a Columbus that supported flac would be to fit? I imaging it is a lot better sound quality and I do have these rather nice speakers in the L&K

17 minutes ago, S00perb said:

Any idea how much a Columbus that supported flac would be to fit? I imaging it is a lot better sound quality and I do have these rather nice speakers in the L&K

None of the Columbus I units support FLAC, however the Columbus II does. Unfortunately, the Columbus II doesn't fit in the place of the Columbus I, and doesn't integrate with the older cars.