RS Seat Foam

The seat foam on my drivers seat has given way on the right side. 

It's now digging into me and becoming really annoying. 

Anyone have the part number for the underneath foam. 

I asked the dealer who replaced my engine about it, they quoted an ENTIRE seat + Airbag 

I just want the foam and ill work out how to remove the fabric clips or get a local trimmer to do it. 

The foam can be repaired pretty cheaply and easily if that's an option.

The foam is the same as Monte Carlo seats if that helps you narrow it down.

if you buy just the base the seats split apart and are fairly easy to work on :)

Well, There is a few Monte's in local wreckers with low k's

One 6K and one 5K so, ill get one of those and throw the bits of the seat I don't need... Or turn them into a computer chair

I don't want to hand replace foam on a seat in my car, a seat at home... sure! 

• 1 month later...

it's done, feel great.

I picked up a Monte donor seat, complete with Airbag (ill resell that to recoup some of the cost

1) Pull the airbag and seatbelt sensor
5NulE2N.jpg
2) Rip it out and move the seatpad
 gV88FLL.jpg
3) Pull the seat base off the frame, a few screws and this plastic rim that actually anchors the fabric to the seat base,/
I started at the back of the seat first, you can slightly bend the metal to make it far nicer to remove, pull it from the edge and it pops right out

1L2SheR.jpg

4)  Pop it out and lift the edges to uncover the hog rings

7SgXfLr.jpg
5) cut the hog rings to remove the fabric from the foam
You will also need to remove the two side metal rods to be able to get to the hog rings in the middle

GUHomSy.jpg
6) The they tough little things so have a selection of side cutters

aT2wt4h.jpg
7) Marvel at how messed up your seat foam was

d6jD3mB.jpg
IS2XyVX.jpg
8) Use ebay hogring tool to re-attach the foam to trhe metal cross supports
CUkWPbn.jpg
9) Clamp it baby

HQ1H1FQ.jpg
GUHomSy.jpg
10) reverse your actions of removing the fabric, put the plastic back on and put the seat back in the car
635plnD.jpg
Looks GREAT and feels great. 

Total coast including the hog ring tool, $220 AUD (i sould be able to get $70 for the other airbag or have a really cool computer chair

• Like 2

If you pop the plastic trims off the back you’ll see 2 multisplines on each side and the rear part and the base comes apart separately so it’s eaisier to work on the base :p

looks great anyway, good work and guide!

10vjo1O.jpg

The donor char all back in one piece. 

I fixed the foam on the side with some harder closed cell foam around the metal support and padded it out with craft store soft foam, plus a layer of gaffers tape to secure it all in the original shape.

I will keep that trick for when the replacement fails again ( i hear this foam collapsing is quite common) 

Great to know it's an easy fix for later, I wanted to have a replacement on hand just in case it was TOTALLY messed up, the damage was bad but not irreparable.