skoda fabia remap to 140bhp speed?

Khalil

The car is very different. Its nippy but smoother to drive, dead spots removed and you get better fuel economy on motorways. On my way to get my economy map done I averaged around 50mpg (60mile journey) and on my way back I got 57+ even though I sat in slow moving traffic for a good third of the journey. Its worth it and my insurance company only charged me £89.90 extra on my premium. I am 20 and 3 Years NC so it would most likely be cheaper for people older than me! 

12 hours ago, Khalil said:

appreciate the anecdote AMD87

Jgrindel nice to hear mate, 19 myself with 2 years NCB so hopefully im as lucky as you with that increase 

Be honest with your insurance as even though its very low they will find the map the risk of not telling them is way too high!! Don't do what a lot of teenagers do and mod their cars and say its stock!! for the sake of a £80 odd quid it will save your bacon if you where to need your insurance to pay out! Its a good thing to have done but always remember if you cant afford to insure your mods you cant afford to mod it simple as that!! Some companies hate the idea of mods and could charge you tons whereas others are a little more laid back! 

I do recommend it if you wish to get a little bit more out the 1.6 lump, its a strong engine. If you wish to get it done, look at More-BHP (who I used) or Shark Performance, I wouldnt recoment the plug in chips like the ones from RaceChip etc! Plenty of people on here who can help. 

2 hours ago, Richard92 said:

Late replying but forgot it saved data. Shows the best ET and then the one I just did. Low 8s and if lucky under 8 seconds. 1st gear is rubbish just wheel spins.

IMG_5647.PNG

Just got this app after seeing this post!! Going to test it out this week, hope it connects to my Wifi OBDII dongle which I use with Carista image.png.5cc4bb0984ec44f411d47a2ac661fc6c.png

Didn't want to post this as i know some friends were racing me at crail today but since they know now.

My Fabia is running an Ecotune stage 1 map 150.1bhp and 253.6lb ft.

Had it at Crail today and fastest was a [email protected] aimed to get into the 15s but couldnt do it. Lost too much time changing to 4th and since 3rd does 91mph i just revved it out.

0-60 was 8 seconds flat best and with the limiter off happy reaches 136mph but oil temp goes up very quickly.

Still beat a good few cars including a stage 1 acr mapped monte, stage 1 mk1 Fabia vrs, a stage 2 + ecoboost fiesta said to be running 200bhp but i doubt that figure and a couple of clio 182s. The monte doesnt half launch when you get it right and on decent tyres beat every single car off the line then they just ran me down

Edited by AMD87
  • Like 1