Diagnostic and edc suite cable?

Hello om looking for a diagnostic cable to use with the vagcom i already got(Broken cable and No Numbers).

Also in some time i Will do a try with ecu mods and i dont know what cable to use? Edcsuite is the program i plan to use. 

Is there a cable that can do both? 

Or is there any cheap cables i can use from fleabay? 

Yet i have only Read about edc suite and not how to upload/ download from the ecu. Basicly im after the launch control /rev limiter mods. Mpps v16 and software might do the job?

Also the vcds cable is the kkl409.01 the right cable? 

Thanks for the reply hutchy!

I've added all those things with EDC suite so yeah it's possible, EGR delete, power remap and all the good stuff, it's decent software!

I'll check the exact cable I've got tomorrow, it's the cheaper mpps cable i used originally before investing and buying Kess. The more expensive MPPS wouldn't work for me... don't know why though?

ECD suite is really good, the latest version and loads of info is available on the ECU connections  forum there's also walk throughs on you tube for basic mods. 

I use a galletto 1260 cable to read and write the maps from the ecu. How ever this doesn't offer a recovery option should you brick the ecu. 

Plenty of cables to choose from on eBay and Iv always used separate ones for each program.   

You should be able to run under Win XP compatability mode in Win 10 if you right click on the installation file, chose properties and compatabily tab. MPPS has recovery option as far as I know.

Depends how serious you are.

Most car programs only like XP or have less bugs with XP since they are more tried and tested.

I bought a decent windows 7 laptop and formatted it to windows xp and use that, mega fast and smooth having a good new laptop running an older OS