Air sound / blowing sound

Hi. Have a Skoda octavia 2 from 2006. At higher speeds 70 kmh + a blowing sound,ounds like a window would be a little open. Think they can be somewhere it's not tight, have a look and windows are fully woven and doors closed. Where can they be? Anyone with similar problems?

Sorry for my bad english.

Grateful for answers. Mvh David

• Like 1

It's not always that rear quarter panel.... I have the same.... Above 60 km/h the wind starts blowing by the upper parts of the drivers door.....

I tried the following:

-adjusting the door latch

-I changed the outer door seal,

-I drove with a flat mirror,

-I wrapped a t-shirt around the mirror,

-I added a 3rd door seal to the door,

-I stuffed foam between the outer and the inner door seal

Stii can't stop the damn sound.... haven't had time to wrap tape around the door edges yet.... it's on the list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to find some time this morning to wrap my door around with tape.

I forgot to take pictures but this is what I did to the drivers door:

- Covered all outer door edges in tape - no change in the wind noise...

- Added tape to all the window edges of the same door - no change in the wind noise...

- Added tape to the inside of the door window all around the inner door seal - still no change in the wind noise....

Now I must admit, as much as I love my car... this is really upsetting me.... 

The only thing I can think about is that either I get wind coming in through the roof somehow.... blowing through under the roof trims between the A and B pillar.... or.... through the gap between the front fender and the shell of the car... blowing upwards through in between the door seals somehow.....

Any luck with yours?

Hey

No luck for me at the moment, but I have not really had time to investigate where the sound is coming from yet.

But I tried to put some silicon around the seals around the rear quaterlight windows And i think that it helped a little, but now I hear noise from the front doors instead.

I did the same as AdamR in this post: 

Edited by Davhar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it will more than likely be a slight gap in the window seal. 

This is fairly common for some reason in these cars.

To test this theory take some electricians tape and tape all around the edge of the window in question making sure that you cover ALL of the inner and outer edge of the seal. If it is the seal then the noise will now go away.

Remove tape and hit with something to seal ip up that doesn't look quite as ridiculous :)

I cured mine with some uber strong black gutter bonding. It cures fairly quick and sets really hard, so far it has resisted the pressure washer several times and it is still silent and smooth :)