Why all the hate

WaHoo

Right guys, looking for some objective opinions. I've only had my octavia vrs for a few weeks but have already had to replace one of my tyres (P Zero 19") at a  eye-watering price of £158 due to a big screw right through the edge of it. I see some in here slating the tyres but for what reasons??? I've not had them long enough to make my mind up on them myself. 

Was looking at Rainsports for the future but willing to be swayed by those of greater experience! 

I had PZeros on my previous car, they only lasted 9000 miles (compared to Michelins, Goodyears, Vredesteiens all of which lasted over 18000 miles), but I wasn't unhappy with their short life as their wet weather grip was appalling , the steering feel was extremely vague and even their dry weather grip was marginal.

I vowed never to let PZeros anywhere near any car I own ever again, they were that bad compared to the competition.

Others may have different opinions...

Edited by SWBoy

1 minute ago, WaHoo said:

Cheers for that SWboy, to be fair I'm still driving like miss daisy so not tested the tyres potential at all. I'm kinda with you on the vague feel though.

Don't drive toooooo gently when running in - vary your driving style 

41 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

Don't drive toooooo gently when running in - vary your driving style 

Definitely agree, don't sit at steady engine speed, use plenty of throttle (maybe not 100% and not for long periods), and don't keep the engine speed low have "excursions" into higher engine speeds that get longer and more frequent as you approach 1000 miles. After 1000 miles start enjoying the full potential of your car, and smiling more :biggrin:

On 10/09/2017 at 10:16, SWBoy said:

I had PZeros on my previous car, they only lasted 9000 miles (compared to Michelins, Goodyears, Vredesteiens all of which lasted over 18000 miles), but I wasn't unhappy with their short life as their wet weather grip was appalling , the steering feel was extremely vague and even their dry weather grip was marginal.

I vowed never to let PZeros anywhere near any car I own ever again, they were that bad compared to the competition.

Others may have different opinions...

I have P Zero's, 225/35/19 on my Octavia 230 and I can honestly say they are good in both the dry and wet. I run them at 39Psi. 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Well it's getting to the time of year when there will be ample opportunity for wet road testing unfortunately. 

Auric, I would have thought that higher pressures would benefit economy but have a detrimental effect on grip ??? I think mine are currently running at 36 PSI

1 hour ago, WaHoo said:

Well it's getting to the time of year when there will be ample opportunity for wet road testing unfortunately. 

Auric, I would have thought that higher pressures would benefit economy but have a detrimental effect on grip ??? I think mine are currently running at 36 PSI

39 Psi is the Skoda  recommended pressure I think

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the PZero Neros on my Fabia 1.6. Despite the car having only 105 bhp, they were very prone to wheelspin. Also they created vague steeering feel. Changed to Goodyear ASY2s & made a heck of a difference. Pirellis were fine when I moved them to the rear.