Driver's door lock intermittent fault.

Morning all,

My 57 plate 1.9tdi Roomster has started playing up with the driver's door lock sometimes working from the remote unlock, sometimes requires me to use the key to unlock just that one door, ditto with re-locking, sometimes remote does it, sometimes not, or requires clicking the remote a second time.

My garageman says need new door lock, which he can fit.  Part number anyone?  

He says main dealer likely c£90, better price from.....................?

Thanks

Richard

• Like 1

Update.

Obtained new RHSF door locking actuator, my garageman fitted it today, seems to work....

BUT upon trying to adjust the LH door mirror, I found neither L nor R adjustment works via the switch.

He says this often happens when disturbing the door card, even though he says has re-attached everything.

Local DMK are quoting £31.66 inc VAT, or £26.90 trade, part number 5JC959 565 REH for 57plate RHD Roomster door mirrors control switch (has heated mirror function position as well as L,R,O)

Anyone find one via web at a better price?

And further, conclusive, update, Wed 27th evening, got the switch today from DMK at the trade price, my local chap fitted it very quickly, no charge, all mirror functions restored, just as well 'cos it's tipping it down, and the heated mirrors function is most welcome!

Thanks

Richard

Edited by RichardatWakefield
Update the thread.
  • Like 1