Octavia 2.0 tdi DSG stalling in reverse

rtz62

Hi guys

long time, no post, so hope you don't mind me asking a question.

I have an Octavia 2.0 tdi with the DSG box which I've owned from new 18minths ago

apart from niggles with the infotainment unit (head unit replaced twice, glovebox unit once) I've been happy with the car

however, when started from cold, and the gearleaver shifted to reverse, drive is often very slow in being taken up, almost like the car is being held back by a large elastic band attached to the front of the car

in addition there are time when the car stalls or nearly stalls when reversing (also happened a few times when moving off from stationary, usually when the stop-start has activated).

does anyone have any experience of the above symptoms and what outcome did you get to if any?

im sat at my local Skoda dealer (Bristol Street in chesterfield who are brilliant btw) and know that the diagnostic check that will be run on my car will reveal nothing (that's not being critical of them)

Is it a mk2 or a mk3? New 18 months ago?

I used to have a  DSG DQ250 250 in a mk5 golf that used to occasionally stall when doing three point turn coming on and off the throttle and most noticeably if the weather was particularly warm (opposite of your problem), never really did get to the bottom of it and the 28C plus days never occurred often enough to  become a problem!  It did not come with a loss of drive though.

So, no real answer to your questions any suggestions from me will be guessing unless someone has experienced something very similar. Mechatronics, Clutch packs., DMF.

My suggestion is that you are going to have to get a tech to come out with you (after leaving the car long enough to induce the fault, possibly overnight)  so they can experience the problem first hand, despite what diagnostics say.... They will have to investigate further once the problem has been demonstrated. 

Edited by TheClient