Auto W/screen Wipers

Aeolus

I was driving along the other day and it started to rain. The windscreen wipers came on without me doing anything. I assumed that despite what I had been told by the dealer I had autowipe. A check of the manual confirmed this.

Trouble is I can't seem to get it back again. I have checked the settings screen and it shows auto is on.

Any ideas how to activate auto? 

I have a 2016 Seat Alhambra and i went with the S because i did not want Auto Wipers, Auto Lights or even electric rear sliding doors.

Auto Lights were on it when it arrived,

To my surprise the first time it started to rain i discovered i had Auto Wipers,  they are active in some wet conditions and not in others 

and i have not found a Setting to inhibit them, i have looked.

The wiper switch has 4 positions. Off, intermittent/auto, normal, high speed. When in the second position (auto/intermittent) you can alter the sensitivity of the auto by the rocker switch on the top surface of the lever.

• Thanks 1

Cheers,

I have been using the rocker when on intermittent to alter the frequency of the intermittent wipe, 

but will have a look see.  

I did read the owners manual before anyone says, but should maybe have put my specs on.

59 minutes ago, S00perb said:

bump the sensitivity up a notch till it wakes up and then down a notch again

I've had to do that too. Usually the situation is this: Windscreen soaking wet at car start OR Raining + car start and speed less than about 20.

I dont think it is actually speed related - I suspect that the sensor needs to see something "sloshing" on the windcreen to kick it into action  :wondering:

2 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

I've had to do that too. Usually the situation is this: Windscreen soaking wet at car start OR Raining + car start and speed less than about 20.

I dont think it is actually speed related - I suspect that the sensor needs to see something "sloshing" on the windcreen to kick it into action  :wondering:

I don't understand this either, you come to your car after its been raining and the wipers don't seem to want to wipe. I can't see it being the sensor as when you start moving it does eventually wipe.

This is one of the bugbears I have with my Octy Scout; in Auto, pouring with rain and nothing. Put the rocker up one click and they come on. Park up for a short while and they still don't activate until I move the rocker up another notch. On other occasions they come on in bright sunshine. According to the dealer that are working as intended. 

Auto lights and wipers came as standard on my vehicle, I would be miffed if I had paid for them as an optional extra.

I now have both set to manual. 

6 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

I have a 2016 Seat Alhambra and i went with the S because i did not want Auto Wipers, Auto Lights or even electric rear sliding doors.

Auto Lights were on it when it arrived,

To my surprise the first time it started to rain i discovered i had Auto Wipers,  they are active in some wet conditions and not in others 

and i have not found a Setting to inhibit them, i have looked.

In the Seat, you'll need to turn the knob near your right knee away from "A" or "Auto" to turn off auto lights. Can't understand why you wouldn't want it though. It's a very useful safety feature.

Edited by bigboss
  • Like 1

LOL,surprisingly i know the knob, the one i turn the headlights on to Side and Dip so that i am not running with DRL's to the front and nothing to the rear, and that i turn on because i know when lights are needed rather than needing the car to decide as so many do leaving them running around with DRL's only on when visibility can be poor.

It was not the Auto Lights i did not want especially, i just mentioning because that was something not standard on the poverty model,

what i did not want  was auto washers and electric sliding doors just to keep stuff simple come winter, & the 17" wheels stuff. 

Angel Tears/ spray & single wipe of front window is a PITA at low temps when you wipe the heated real screen and then a wee spray hits the front and freezes partially. Easily turned off inhibited thankfully.

PS, 

Small point, there is no right knee, amputated above the knee.

DSCN3157.JPG

DSCN3158.JPG

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 2 weeks later...

Auto wipers. Auto lights. Auto dipping. Auto rear wiper. Auto parking. Ad Nauseum!

They all seemed like a good idea to a boffin in a dark room, but they haven't transferred into anything that can work reliably and anywhere near as acceptable as a competent driver.

i.e. - they're ****e!

• Like 1